75-year-old bechak driver

carl_valiquet

13 hours ago, stuny said:

Wonderful photo, wonderful story.  Barbara says it's a fabulous photo, and he should be proud of his accomplishments.

Thank you Stuart and Barbara. These men are examples of resilience and dedication. Regards. Carl

A remarkable portrait of a remarkable person. By every measure I'm aware of, he's had a rewarding and successful life. His eyes tell the story. 

Just one technical note: the special qualities of the Kodak CCD sensor in the M9 really show in this portrait. 

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, carl_valiquet said:

This man has been a pedicab driver in the city of Solo, Java, for many years.

He is approximately 75 years old.

He was proud to tell me that thanks to the money he makes he put his two children though school.

M9 50mm Summilux  PreAsph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Again, another perfection! Makes me justified how powerfull photography could be! I'm really enyoing watch it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, fotografr said:

A remarkable portrait of a remarkable person. By every measure I'm aware of, he's had a rewarding and successful life. His eyes tell the story. 

Just one technical note: the special qualities of the Kodak CCD sensor in the M9 really show in this portrait. 

Thank you Brent. And I must admit that the M9 has a certain look. Thanks for your comment. Carl.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:12 PM, MaticB said:

Again, another perfection! Makes me justified how powerfull photography could be! I'm really enyoing watch it!

Tnaky so so much MaticB. Best regards. Carl

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 2:26 AM, Sparkassenkunde said:

What an intense and warm portrait of a man who seems to have seen a lot with these alert eyes. Thank you for providing some background information, this makes the picture even more valuable.

Thank you for your most welcomed comment Sparkassenkunde. I appreciate. When I feel I am overworked, I think of this man and many other of his « colleagues»

2 hours ago, henry ticcy said:

Very warm, his eyes feel very warm, and his wrinkled face is full of rich stories.
Hope to post more in the future. thanks

Thank you henry ticcy. I did a series of the beckak drivers. I will post a few more one day. Regards. Carl.