SL2 Firmware 4.1 - Cannot pair with Leica Foto app

ElArchitect

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Installed the latest firmware (I skipped 4.0) to get the eye focus (... nicely done :) ). However, to my frustration I cannot seem to pair the SL2 anymore to the Leica Foto app in iPhone/iPad.

Got the latest version after deleting the old one... No help.

Anyone encounter the same issues after this upgrade? Any work arounds?

At least for me, I fixed the issue. It doesn't work if no lens is connected to the camera. After putting the Vario 24-90 on, it works perfectly. 

However it should be related to a firmware issue during the init process. No message but probably not the "full" wake up done... 

No need to reinstall the app or the network. Do the following:

(a) delete the camera in Fotos and add it again

(b) Make sure that you don't have any VPN running on your phone. If you cannot switch the VPN off (it may insist on turning back on automatically) you need to look through the various other settings on your phone to deactivate the VPN and keep it from restarting. I went through this two days ago and eventually managed to link Fotos with my SL2.

Edited by albireo_double

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is an earlier thread about this.

I had a similar issue and. in spite of what I understand or don't about Bluetooth, I diagnosed my issue as follows.

I now wear a fine pair of Oticon hearing aids. They are Bluetooth enabled and can be adjusted using an app on my iPhone, or just via the iPhone Bluetooth setting. If my hearing aids are paired to my iPhone  then the Bluetooth connection between Fotos and my SL2 cannot be established. If my hearing aids are off and not paired, then the Fotos—Sl2 works just fine. Anyone I spoke to about this, including members in the Forum, could not see any reason for this. But my experience, repeated a number of times to make sure I was not imagining things, indicates that there is a conflict between my Oticon and Fotos applications.

I have Fotos on my iPad and when I eventually will want to use Fotos to control the camera I will use the iPad. Fotos makes for an inexpensive remote shutter release!, the Leica cable shutter release  is a CDN$235 accessory, Fotos is free!

And, yes, you have to delete the Fotos app completely after updating the firmware. Download the app and…

I read a document from Apple about how many Bluetooth devices can be attached to an iPhone, so more than just one should not cause an issue, but it does in my particular case. So I think that there members' issues may be similar to mine and basically require some digging in the iPhone settings, the Apps that use Bluetooth, etc.

Ahh, I miss the simplicity of film cameras, but digital is just so much more!

Foto App was up-to-date and did not have to reinstall. However, I did have to go through 'trying to pair' to see the SL2 show up under Bluetooth, then set to 'forget device' and then try to pair again, when it worked.

The tricky part was really to get to a point where I can actually see the SL2 under 'Bluetooth' on my iPhone.

Works now as advertised ;)

Thanks @jaapv

Now I would wish that they would upgrade it further such that it would work like the M11 connection they just introduced. But that is for another day.