Upgrade from Leica X Series to Leica CL ... 45% discount offer

dkCambridgeshire

On 6/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, dkCambridgeshire said:

I'm not in the UK but if I was in the situation that the X Typ 113 or X Vario has the dead battery problem I would consider the offer and would go for the CL that allows me to use my M lenses too, has a build in evf and is relatively small. My vision is not so good anymore and I already use a dioptre correction on my M camera. The crop factor can be an advantage in some situations.

Best

• 1 month later...

Leica Duke Street London shipped my new 45% discounted Leica CL / TL 18mm combo last week — in part exchange for my 'in need of a service' Leica X1. A goodwill gesture as Leica Camera AG no longer offers any servicing / support for Leica X series. I am very happy with the CL camera  — a 'no brainer' PX deal.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/28/2022 at 11:24 PM, dkCambridgeshire said:

Why NOT upgrade to a heavily discounted discontinued camera ... especially as it still 'ticks the boxes ??  ;) 

Because Leica also discontinued the lenses. You will buy a system camera for which later you can't buy accessories anymore. Sure, it will work great if you buy it now, including the lenses that you would want in the future. No more software updates etc. It's just my personal opinion. As long as my X Vario still works, I won't get anything new.