SL Lens Roadmap...

MakinMemories

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello All,

I have only been in the Leica Family a few short weeks but really loving my SL2 and the Leica lenses I have so far purchased!

Question: Does anyone have a recent Leica SL Lens Roadmap? I am especially interested in a T-S, I believe this was rumored several years ago...Also a super telephoto would be nice!

Hopefully the folks at Leica monitor this forum and can chime in...

Forget about roadmaps from Leica. (Not worth the paper they are printed on.)

The last lens that came (SL 2.8/24-70) was never on a roadmap. And the SL24 and SL21mm lenses are there since more than two years. Which does not mean that they are coming soon.

Buy the things available and add the missing parts from Sigma and Pana. Not perfect, but it works ok. We had much worse times in the first years after the start of the SL series.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caissa said:

Forget about roadmaps from Leica. (Not worth the paper they are printed on.)

The last lens that came (SL 2.8/24-70) was never on a roadmap. And the SL24 and SL21mm lenses are there since more than two years. Which does not mean that they are coming soon.

Buy the things available and add the missing parts from Sigma and Pana. Not perfect, but it works ok. We had much worse times in the first years after the start of the SL series.    

Indeed, and add to that the effects of the Pandemic, supply chain issues, changing industry dynamics, newly defined alliances (latest with Panasonic), etc. Is there a road map for the delivery of the 35 M APO?

Leica wasn’t good at road maps even before all that. We’re still waiting for more T/S and tele S system lenses that were expected and discussed here on the forum many years ago, even by David Farkas, a respected Leica dealer. A lot has changed since then.

Was the discontinuation of the CL/TL on a road map?

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

52 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Indeed, and add to that the effects of the Pandemic, supply chain issues, changing industry dynamics, newly defined alliances (latest with Panasonic), etc. Is there a road map for the delivery of the 35 M APO?

Leica wasn’t good at road maps even before all that. We’re still waiting for more T/S and tele S system lenses that were expected and discussed here on the forum many years ago, even by David Farkas, a respected Leica dealer. A lot has changed since then.

Was the discontinuation of the CL/TL on a road map?

Jeff

Yeah, I get it...I won't 'need' one till next year and will probably get one of the Canon's plus an adaptor, then sell if/when Leica finally releases theirs.

54 minutes ago, Chuck Albertson said:

It's really more a set of guidelines than a road map.

Sort of like asking “how do I get from Chicago to Los Angeles?” and Leica answering, “Go west!”

• Haha 2