“Plus Sign” focus mark moves too easily

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When using theQ2 Monochrom, the plus sign used to mark the center of the focus area on my camera’s screen moves very easily. I shoot from the hip and as the camera brushes against me the plus moves away from center, usually to one of the bottom corners. If I don’t check regularly, I can end up with an entire out of focus photo shoot. Is there a way to lock the plus sign in the center of the screen?

The wandering focus point is extremely annoying, not only on the Q, and there are  numerous complaints to be found on the forum. A double tap on the screen will centre the focus point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I operate my Q2 in the EVF extended mode (I think that's the right term) whereby the rear screen is never active unless I hit menu or play.  I prefer using the viewfinder when taking pics but I can see that for someone who prefers using the rear screen, the moving focus point would be EXTREMELY annoying.  Maybe Leica will make a firmware update to fix it.  ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the world of Leica Rapid Customer Response! This is a 5 year discussion on this and other fora, and Leica either don't know how to change this, don't want to change this or are oblivious to the numerous requests from owners. The simple thing would be to make the moving focus point as "Off" as the default, and if you want it to move you change the default.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1