M10 R not reading some lens codes

hunterspoint

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently had.a few lenses come back from being sent for 6 bit coding and CLAs. Sent them via the awesome Leica Miami Store. I accidentally noticed that my M10R was not recognizing the 135 APO and the version 1 28 2.8. Thinking that the coding was not working, I tried them on my M 240 and M10M and those cameras recognized them without a problem.  Next I decided to try a newer lens- the 50 0.95 and that worked on all three cameras.

So it appears that the M10R would only not recognize the older lenses that had been 6 bit coded even though my other cameras had no problem.  In doing my due diligence i googled this issue and found that some others had experienced the same problem. 

Just mentioning this if anyone needs to check their lenses while their camera is under still under warranty.  My camera is now off to be checked out.

The camera was at the latest firmware also so that was not an issue.

Do the lens codes in question have one or more "bits" at identical positions set black? Any dirt (color 😱) at the corresponding led window of the camera? Also, ensure your frame selector is showing the correct frame. Bit code always works in conjunction with the frame selector.

The contacts were cleaned and 1) the M10R did read all other lenses ( just the 135 and 28 were affected)- they had come back that day from being coded , ie they were initially uncoded, older lenses, and 2) the lenses in question were identified without a problem on the M11, M10M and M 240.  The camera is off for 

FWIW, My M10R BP had trouble occasionally recognizing my 90mm Leica lens; my M10 had no trouble.  BUT I found that the problem was simply that I did not ensure the lens was totally 'locked in' to the camera.  My 10R BP takes a bit more pressure to turn/lock the lens in place and it only takes a tiny fraction of a turn to make the difference between really being locked and feeling like it's locked and recognizing/not recognizing the lens

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:30 AM, hunterspoint said:

The contacts were cleaned and 1) the M10R did read all other lenses ( just the 135 and 28 were affected)- they had come back that day from being coded , ie they were initially uncoded, older lenses, and 2) the lenses in question were identified without a problem on the M11, M10M and M 240.  The camera is off for 

which contacts?