Collectors - you'll want to know about this

Leski Auctions is handling the auction.  I am unfamiliar with this auction house and I can't see any listings of lots or how to bid on lots on the Leski Auctions website.  Any guidance from forum members who use Leski would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Hi zeitz, I was also unfamiliar with Leski auctions although from my research I can verify that they are a legitimate auction house operating here in Melbourne, Australia. Here is a link to the auction on their site. Please note that the inventory has not been posted yet and in order to bid you'll first need to register with them (I've done so, and it is a straightforward process): https://www.leski.com.au/auction/michaels-camera-museum/

To give you a better idea of the collection, and the sheer quantity and variety of the items that I imagine will be auctioned (assuming they will want to offload all of it): https://michaels.com.au/pages/the-worlds-largest-camera-museum

Edited by stray cat
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stray cat said:

you'll first need to register

I also have done that.  From the page of the Forthcoming Auctions / Michael's auction View Details, it tells you to register/login.  When I do that, it takes me right back to where I came from, telling you to register/login again.  When is the auction?  When will the lots be listed?  I can't find any useful information on the Leski site.  It's like they know they have stuff to auction, but don't have a plan they are willing to tell anyone.

This auction was first reported by the Canon Historical Society on Facebook weeks ago.  Still no information.

1 hour ago, zeitz said:

I also have done that.  From the page of the Forthcoming Auctions / Michael's auction View Details, it tells you to register/login.  When I do that, it takes me right back to where I came from, telling you to register/login again.  When is the auction?  When will the lots be listed?  I can't find any useful information on the Leski site.  It's like they know they have stuff to auction, but don't have a plan they are willing to tell anyone.

This auction was first reported by the Canon Historical Society on Facebook weeks ago.  Still no information.

Sorry, the register page worked for me so I can't help you there. As for when the auction is, I have no idea. Guessing, I'd sa there's a lot to catalogue, perhaps they have a backlog of auctions they want to clear first, who knows? Perhaps you could contact them?

32 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Sorry, the register page worked for me so I can't help you there. As for when the auction is, I have no idea. Guessing, I'd sa there's a lot to catalogue, perhaps they have a backlog of auctions they want to clear first, who knows? Perhaps you could contact them?

Worked for me also.  Don't forget there are over 10,000 items to be checked, catalogued, photographed and information listed, which would take quite some time.  The advertised auction is shown as 'Part One' so the 10,000+ items will be broken down into manageable lots.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, zeitz said:

The registration page works.  The "View Details" page doesn't work.

The 'View Details' page brings up a history of the Michael's Camera Museum.  If you are seeking details of the items for auction you will have to wait until the Online Catalogue is posted.  As I stated above it may take some time due to the very large number of items to be catalogued.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...