Before you post "which lens"

Ko.Fe.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Ktsa5239 said:

...I wholeheartedly apologise for asking a stupid ignorant question...

As hmzimelka said slightly earlier there's absolutely no reason why you should apologise for having asked such a question here. As the old adage goes;

"There's no such thing as a stupid question; only stupid answers.".

Philip.

• Like 7

I've not read the original topic but I can guess what it must look like. There are many issues with this type of question. Many people will answer "get XYZ lens because it's the best" when they actually mean "get XYZ lens because it's the one I have and I need the warm and fuzzy feeling that I have the best lens money can buy". Another issue is that the answers will be based on opinions which by definition are personnal and subjective. Also, just what is "low light" exactly? Of course, we all have a general idea but probably each have our own threshold. Once again it's very subjective.

I tend to agree with the OP that such questions will not yield particularly good answers unless they include at least some further details... but there are other ways of saying so.

Edited by ianman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

I have seen East Europe people been ambushed for been themselves from so called Western culture mono profilers. 

Living in the western side of East Europe and coming from the West side of Europe, you totally lost me here…

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Ktsa5239 said:

wow, never in a million years would I had imagined that my question could cause so much anger and upset people.

I wholeheartedly apologise for asking a stupid ignorant question. 

And for the context, I shoot with a M11 and yes I know I could use high iso so even a f2 would suffice. But the main point of my question was holding iso constant would the extra 2 stops be advantageous given that DOF is also out of the question. Anyway, I've got the answer I was looking for from some helpful members. But I will keep my newbie beginner ignorant questions to myself (and google) in the future to avoid  wasting anyone's precious time here.

I was just trying to help you. But you didn't bother to answer.

Another thing you should know - 0.95 and 1/100 to avoid motion blur are not going to cut it. 0.95 is not the aperture for any motions. You have to stop your breath to catch it in focus, while it is dead still on the other end. If you don't care to trust me on this, just look at this lens thread pictures here at LUF. Many are OOF....

And obviously with M11 you need no 0,95 for low light and even 1.4 is just an optional.  

I was trolled for been asking important question in your thread and once I acknowledge it and took action (ignore list), I got non reworkable warning for telling the truth about been trolled. But if you are not mod's pet here (definitely not the caser for been East European), this is what is happening here. I remember been trolled by not too late pico, raised my concern, but was told to FOF, because it was just as in "camera club".  While in real life none is daring to troll me. Budds clubs or not. I worked out in my teens age to make sure nobody tries it. Been bullied on early age, I could feel the trolls right away. 

Edited by Ko.Fe.

Stay away from those typical double-barreled questions like this: "Is it possible to brush your teeth without wobbling your bottom?"

But sometimes, there'll be an exceptional answer indeed. 

For instance: 

The answer from PM/Marcom of Philips might be Sonicare.

People take too much offence of others anonymous opinions in these forums, and frankly their egos goes over their heads.  Apart from eating, sleeping or taking a dump, if one is doing anything more than these it's bound to piss people off...it's human nature.

Just take it in your stride. It's all fun and games... anything more than that then one is taking it too seriously from the big picture, and it's not up us to change one another's biases and ingrained opinion of themselves

Edited by cboy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

I was just trying to help you. But you didn't bother to answer.

Another thing you should know - 0.95 and 1/100 to avoid motion blur are not going to cut it. 0.95 is not the aperture for any motions. You have to stop your breath to catch it in focus, while it is dead still on the other end. If you don't care to trust me on this, just look at this lens thread pictures here at LUF. Many are OOF....

You may be trying to help but your tone is aggressive and I wouldn't bother replying to that either if it were directed at me...

7 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

And obviously with M11 you need no 0,95 for low light and even 1.4 is just an optional.  

This is just your opinion but you make it seem like it's the only truth around. We need f/0.95 just as much as we need a tripod. Fact is, f/0.95 is going to afford faster shutter speeds than f/1.4. Thats over a stop difference. Doesn't matter if you're shooting Technical Pan or an M11.  The M11 "needs" more light just as much as the next camera, otherwise why do we even have ISO 64 when we could all be shooting at ISO 6400 and call it a day. 

8 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

I was trolled for been asking important question in your thread and once I acknowledge it and took action (ignore list), I got non reworkable warning for telling the truth about been trolled. But if you are not mod's pet here (definitely not the caser for been East European), this is what is happening here. I remember been trolled by not too late pico, raised my concern, but was told to FOF, because it was just as in "camera club".  While in real life none is daring to troll me. Budds clubs or not. I worked out in my teens age to make sure nobody tries it. Been bullied on early age, I could feel the trolls right away.

There seems a lot to unpack here. You're likely projecting something and making assumptions where there shouldn't be. Telling the truth. Teachers Pet. Trolled. All bold claims. I haven't seen you provide any evidence for it either. 

I think your aggressive tone is a self perpetuating problem for you on this forum, because many won't care for it and may respond in a way that will make you feel like this.