Time to beat a dead horse, 35mm or 50mm summicron

Frogfriend

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

If you have a 50, a 28 is definitely a better complement than a 35 and the frame lines on most recent Ms work well at 28.  

For you.  I own 28/35/50, but mostly choose between the latter two. Preferences vary; there are no absolutes.

Jeff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff S said:
5 hours ago, John Robinson said:

If you have a 50, a 28 is definitely a better complement than a 35 and the frame lines on most recent Ms work well at 28.  

For you.  I own 28/35/50, but mostly choose between the latter two. Preferences vary; there are no absolutes.

Agree.

For me sometimes is 28+50, but actually most of the time is 35+50. And when it's one lens only, 35mm, indeed.

• Like 2

To the OP,

• in my experiences, only one lens at a time is the best way to begin and to go further
  • one lens can be any of focal length/aperture if the lens is comfortable to be used
  • as human being, our aptitude to adapt in situations with limited means can be wonder
  • so don't be shy to choose the equipment then use it a while, then be happy or change if need be

😉

• Like 2

You thoroughly beat the dead horse. Now it's time to make a decision and get the lens of your choice. Use it, learn its quirks and nuances from it, have a blast. When you come to the point that your needs change, and another lens would better meet those needs, then embark on the second leg of your journey.🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, edstock said:

I had that dilemma and solved it by buying, over time, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90. The 28, 35, and 50 are all f2 summicrons, the 75 is my summilux f1.4, and my 90 is a f2.8 elmerit made in Germany. All have their own specific usages.

😄 So and what was your first lens?