New Godox trigger for Leica

Pelu2010

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i contacted godox asking for HSS support on the m240/246. the trigger works fine up to 1/180 and then it loses sync

this was godox's response. i hope we can all write to godox - and pester them into submission 🙃 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On 3/25/2023 at 12:39 AM, Wurlitzer-1015 said:

I can confirm this too, I use mainly the AD400Pro and the trigger is working well with my SL2, SL2-S, M11, M10 and the M240's (mono and colour). I haven't used it with my M9 yet.

Can you confirm it works with TTL and HSS with the M11? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Am 22.2.2023 um 22:17 schrieb sometimesmaybe:

i was testing the trigger on the m246. i know it's not supported, but hence the testing. i know with the godox X2T trigger, the HSS function needs to be manually enabled (in the same way as the ad300pro. i didnt see anything in the godox instructions re enabling HSS manually. I assume the trigger just does it automatically, but i just wanted to check with other users on the SL2 before reporting back my findings to the m240/242/246 shooters

Hi, I own a 240 and 246 and would extend my flash system. Good told me, that they haven't test the XPro IIL on the M10, but not on the other M systems. The M240 and M246 are both TTL and HSS able with the SF C1 from Leica. So, when you are using your M246 with the transmitter does it work correctly?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Cheers

Chris

4 hours ago, Christoph Kampmann said:

So, when you are using your M246 with the transmitter does it work correctly?

it works up to 1/180, then it loses sync. im waiting for a godox firmware update to fix the issue, but i have no idea if they ever will. SF40 and SF60 works with TTL and HSS.

im currently using LED constant light as a fill light only. this only works in doors and at close distance

17 hours ago, sometimesmaybe said:

im currently using LED constant light as a fill light only. this only works in doors and at close distance

you just need a bigger light and a generator truck!

It is interesting that the Leica trigger works fine on every camera, and the Godox and Profoto don't.

The camera needs updates and the trigger need updates.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sfbroome said:

I am hoping to use this trigger on my SL2-S with Nikon SB-800 speedlights, and would like to know if anyone has tried this combination.  Any help is appreciated.

well not too many trigger work across brands, but many of them can fire the flash with the middle pin of the hot show. You will have to set the flash power manually and use a receiver "flash trigger receiver X1R-N" that can be on the same channel as the godox trigger.

If you actually want to use some TTL consider buying a compatible Godox flash.

On 5/10/2023 at 3:04 AM, wdesbrow said:

Is anyone attempting to use the new FLASHPOINT trigger with a 601?  I have had zero success in HSS mode.  (I apologize if this Q is slightly off-topic!).

THANKS. 

i don't know, usually older cameras out of production never get tested.

what flash are you using?