New Godox trigger for Leica

Pelu2010

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Hanno said:

I can understand that. What I don't understand is why with the Leica flash trigger, I have exposure preview on when in A, P and S modes but not when in M mode. I am just trying to understand if it could be anything else other than a bug.... Thanks for your help.

If exposure preview was active in Manual exposure mode and a flash was mounted to provide needed illumination in low light situations - the view through the EVF would be quite dark  since the set ISO, aperture, and shutter speed will produce an underexposed image. This will make both manual focus and autofocus problematic. The camera senses the presence of the flash and disables exposure preview.  With a non-dedicated flash or flash trigger exposure preview must be manually disabled.  In my studio with Pocket Wizards and my normal exposure settings the view in the EVF is solid black until I disable exposure preview.  Possibly exposure review stays active in the other exposure modes to accommodate balanced fill flash use.

Works fine in TTL Mode, but HSS doesn't work in Manual Mode. As soon as I go past 1/250, the HSS sign pops up in the display, but the exposure doesn't work properly. No problem with HSS in TTL, but I'd rather continue working manual with the softboxes and stuff. Can others confirm this behaviour?

23 hours ago, Almizilero said:

Works fine in TTL Mode, but HSS doesn't work in Manual Mode. As soon as I go past 1/250, the HSS sign pops up in the display, but the exposure doesn't work properly. No problem with HSS in TTL, but I'd rather continue working manual with the softboxes and stuff. Can others confirm this behaviour?

HHS works with no issue for me on Manual mode, tested on a SL2 with AD200, AD600 and AD1200. 

Edited by Hanno

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Almizilero:

I got 1.1 as well. I only tried it with the AD200 Pro. I have a second unit, so I'll test that and see if it's the flash causing the problem.

I don't have the trigger yet. However, I read at the Godox FW site that every flash has to be updated to work with the new Leica trigger. Are your flashes updated already?

17 hours ago, Almizilero said:

Thanks for the reply. That's strange. I'll have to go through the settings and see what might be wrong. Can you tell me what version the trigger shows?

Hi

Trigger: v1.1

SL2: v5.0

AD200: v2.5

AD600: v1.7

AD1200: v1.2

The FW available on the UK and EU websites are not the latest ones and do no provide the compatibility with the Leica trigger.

I have 2 of each AD, I tested all 6 and they all work fine, including HSS. I only use Manual mode, so didn't try TTL or Multi.

@Almizilero 

I think I found the setting which may create an issue.

Normally, when in HSS mode, the flash unit would automatically disable the stable colour temperature option. I was wondering whether that could be the issue, aka if you have the stable colour option on but the flash unit somehow is bugged by that setting.

I just tested on an AD600 , switching the stable colour temperature on and guess what, when moving into HSS the flash did not trigger...

So if after updating your AD you stil have an issue, double check the colour temperature option is off.

• Like 2

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Hanno:

@Almizilero 

I think I found the setting which may create an issue.

Normally, when in HSS mode, the flash unit would automatically disable the stable colour temperature option. I was wondering whether that could be the issue, aka if you have the stable colour option on but the flash unit somehow is bugged by that setting.

I just tested on an AD600 , switching the stable colour temperature on and guess what, when moving into HSS the flash did not trigger...

So if after updating your AD you stil have an issue, double check the colour temperature option is off.

Thanks! I already had everything updated before testing, I was just about to try all the udates again. But now I'll check that setting first!

But the behaviour is different for me so far. The flash does trigger in HSS mode, but the flash doesn't fill the whole frame. So it looks like when I'm using a non-HSS flash and go past the sync speed.

Edited by Almizilero

There is a DELAY paragraph under the triggers menu button, I noticed that different HSS delay settings can produce partly dark frames. HSS delay OFF seems to work with my M10 and my AD100 flashes. But I have to confess that I don't have the slightest idea what the HSS delay is for...?

16 hours ago, AKW said:

But I have to confess that I don't have the slightest idea what the HSS delay is for...?

Because it’s not a delay for HSS 😁

it‘s a radio signal delay for hyper sync.

HSS mode would disable or ignore that delay setting.

Am 23.8.2022 um 06:49 schrieb AKW:

I have the new X ProllL trigger, AD100 Pro flash and M10 (firmware 3.22.11.52).  HSS and TTL are not working and I think it is due to the old firmware of the flash. I am trying to update but I have not been able to connect the device to the Mac. I'll keep trying...

I have a Mac Studio and was not able to connect the flash with a USB-C to USB-C cable. I had a conversation with Godox and we figured out that it only works with a USB-A to USB-C cable, at least at the Mac Studio. After updating the flash firmware it works with my M10, Q2 and SL2-S.

• Thanks 2

The AD200 works in HHS and TTL . 
The LED light is working too what is useful to see that king of light it drops on the model in the dark. and makes focus easier.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Can't get the AD200Pro and AD200Pro(A) to work for me. It's OK at slower speeds, but once I go into HSS territory, I get a blown out strip at the bottom and a shadow somewhere in the image. No difference for 1st or 2nd curtain.

I updated them both several times now, everything is on the latest firmware. No word from Godox either so far. I hope they look into it soon.

40 minutes ago, Almizilero said:

Can't get the AD200Pro and AD200Pro(A) to work for me. It's OK at slower speeds, but once I go into HSS territory, I get a blown out strip at the bottom and a shadow somewhere in the image. No difference for 1st or 2nd curtain.

I updated them both several times now, everything is on the latest firmware. No word from Godox either so far. I hope they look into it soon.

It works fine for me up to 1/2000

did you change settings in the DELAY HSS?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Photoworks:

It works fine for me up to 1/2000

did you change settings in the DELAY HSS?

Depending on the flash power I see problems beginning at about 1/800. Delay is set to OFF. So you have problems with faster shutters as well? I was starting to think that my trigger might be the problem.