New Godox trigger for Leica

Pelu2010

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey , 

this is exciting! 

https://leicarumors.com/2022/06/18/just-announced-new-godox-xproii-l-ttl-wireless-flash-trigger-for-leica-cameras-s-sl-sl2-m10-q2-cl-and-more-to-come.aspx/

I have been waiting so long for this trigger. 
I am really happy that I choose Godox. 
and while I was able to flash with the system now I can use HSS which is very convenient sometimes ! 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Profoto just announced their new Connect Pro triggers. There is a Leica variant also, available from November 2022. As far as I can tell, there is two-way communication between the trigger and the heads, allowing the new triggers to show the absolute power numbers as set on the heads (which is great, goodbye the confusing - at least for me - plus/minus relative settings of the current TTL triggers!!!!...and there is an option in the menu to see the power setting the old way also).

Edited by albireo_double
  • Like 5

On 6/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, albireo_double said:

As far as I can tell, there is two-way communication between the trigger and the heads, allowing the new triggers to show the absolute power numbers as set on the heads (which is great, goodbye the confusing - at least for me - plus/minus relative settings of the current TTL triggers!!!!...and there is an option in the menu to see the power setting the old way also).

Depends on the heads, if I got it right. Bluetooth enabled ones (A10, B10 etc): two-way. Other heads I am afraid not. At least not yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:14 AM, albireo_double said:

Profoto just announced their new Connect Pro triggers. There is a Leica variant also, available from November 2022. As far as I can tell, there is two-way communication between the trigger and the heads, allowing the new triggers to show the absolute power numbers as set on the heads (which is great, goodbye the confusing - at least for me - plus/minus relative settings of the current TTL triggers!!!!...and there is an option in the menu to see the power setting the old way also).

I sent an email to Profoto asking if there might be an upcoming A-10 for Leica (I am already on their list for the Connect Pro Trigger) and got a very encouraging response: "Since we now have cooperation with Leica, it is very likely!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

Isn't that a bit overpriced? 130$? The same product is about 60-70€ on EU Amazon stores. Though no Leica version available yet.

The Godox made Broncolor trigger is three times more expensive than the Canon version. I am not surprised that the Leica version is more pricey. 

27 minutes ago, ynp said:

The Godox made Broncolor trigger is three times more expensive than the Canon version. I am not surprised that the Leica version is more pricey. 

That's what I thought at the beginning but no, I checked, and all prices are in the same range. The same trigger for Canon on Aliexpress is 130$ and 70€ on Amazon Europe.

I'll wait a little bit longer and order it from some local EU dealer or Amazon, whatever comes first. We've waited for so long that an additional month or three won't change anything, at least to me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:32 AM, ynp said:

The Godox Leica triggers are now available and can be bought from China. https://www.aliexpress.com. I have just bought one from the Godox store  and expect the delivery in one month. 
https://godoxglobal.aliexpress.com/store/1102112763?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2d636bffdl1EHo

i'd be most interest in your thoughts when you get it 🤓 my current set up is a MFG + PC Sync + x2t trigger in my pocket... not exactly an elegant solution 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Photoworks said:

what did you get? The Leica version suppose to come out in September 

yes , i got it .   the Leica version.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Syu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1