New Godox Trigger for Leica cameras!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey , 

this is exciting! 

https://leicarumors.com/2022/06/18/just-announced-new-godox-xproii-l-ttl-wireless-flash-trigger-for-leica-cameras-s-sl-sl2-m10-q2-cl-and-more-to-come.aspx/

I have been waiting so long for this trigger. 
I am really happy that I choose Godox. 
and while I was able to flash with the system now I can use HSS which is very convenient sometimes ! 

• Like 5

Nice !  I didn’t expect Godox to make one for Leica but this is great news.  Thanks for the heads up!

At $130 I think it’s almost double what my Sony and Fuji triggers cost.   Oh well… 😛

Edited by liggy

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 7:19 AM, liggy said:

Nice !  I didn’t expect Godox to make one for Leica but this is great news.  Thanks for the heads up!

At $130 I think it’s almost double what my Sony and Fuji triggers cost.   Oh well… 😛

The Leica SF-C trigger for the SF60 Flash is $480.00 in Canada.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone tried the new trigger with the first gen Q? I see compatibility is listed for the Q2. I've seen a few people say there have been issues with other models. Unfortunately, the camera shop in town has this item as special order, so I can't test it easily.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Farrell Gallery:

FYI, do not use Eneloops or other rechargeable batteries in their triggers. 1.2 v vs. the required 1.5 volts. 

Ah, that might explain why, even with freshly charged batteries, the trigger only shows 1/3 of charge. But I still get a lot of usage out of the eneloops.

Does anyone know whether the trIgger will function with flashes other than Godox or Leica-branded ones? I have two Godox flashes already, both of which are listed as compatible with only one system. I’ve tried searching for that information but no luck.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by billm212
Explanation

I'm not really sure where to put this question, so I'll try here:

Does the L-Mount-Alliance only refer to the compatibility of the lenses? Do the members of the alliance use different flash protocols? I tried the Leica-Godox trigger on the Panasonic S1 and while it fits and seems to send a signal in manual mode, I can't get HSS to work. Godox only lists Leica cameras as compatible and offers an Olympus/Panasonic trigger, but I suspected that was for the M4/3 cameras. Maybe that's not the case and Panasonic uses it's flashes in all systems?

If I have to get a different flash trigger, different memory cards and different batteries, the idea of a Panasonic as secondary camera to the SL2s becomes less and less attractive.