Release problems M10 P

masterguggi

I am having the same problem.  No one seems to be able to give me an answer.  Sometimes the shutter releases (with a quick interval) and no photo is captured.  Other times it just won't release.  When i take it to a leica dealer, it works just fine.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Drmat:

I am having the same problem.  No one seems to be able to give me an answer.  Sometimes the shutter releases (with a quick interval) and no photo is captured.  Other times it just won't release.  When i take it to a leica dealer, it works just fine.

this sounds like déjà vu to me - exactly my problems and everything is fine at Leica service ... I'm pretty clueless. But since I set the preview to 3 s or off it goes better. I have the feeling that there is simply now and then a problem in the transition in the monitor from the old image to the new ... that's where I think the problem is. But not constantly, but again and again ... and never at the service 🙂

i have my preview set to off, and i still have the problem.  I do often look at my photos after i shoot, so maybe if i don;t look it gets better (which is how they test in the store).  I hope they fix this.  Expensive camera that i rely on.  I don't have the problem with my M10M, so it seems software related.

It was suggested i try a new card and keep it devoted to that camera.  I did that with a card sold to me by a leica store.  It did not fix the problem and occasionally i get a SD card warning and the camera freezes.  Frustrating.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Drmat:

i have my preview set to off, and i still have the problem.  I do often look at my photos after i shoot, so maybe if i don;t look it gets better (which is how they test in the store).  I hope they fix this.  Expensive camera that i rely on.  I don't have the problem with my M10M, so it seems software related.

It was suggested i try a new card and keep it devoted to that camera.  I did that with a card sold to me by a leica store.  It did not fix the problem and occasionally i get a SD card warning and the camera freezes.  Frustrating.

I have tested 6 SD cards in 4 sizes from three manufacturers ... all makes no difference. I have this problem with the second M10P within two months and before that I had M-E, M240, M10, M8 and never the problem. For me it can only be a software issue ... but I fear that this problem will not really be solved by Leica. The software development department is probably the smallest ... unlike the marketing department ... for so much money all pretty disappointing.

4 hours ago, Drmat said:

@jakontil yes, for me it is the latest firmware (the update for the visoflex 2).  I contacted Leica again a week ago and have yet to receive a response.

Im sorry this hasn’t been addressed properly except gotta wait for next update which dont know when… 

i have the m10-r and now worried to update

• 2 weeks later...