Video "button?"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a new (to me) Q2 with the latest firmware.  I ran across a UTube video that shows that video on the Q2 can be switched in/out either by swiping across the rear display OR by pressing the button in the center of the 4-way controller.  The Q2 owners manual says that as well.

My Q2 will not switch to video by pressing the button, it will only cycle between 3 modes of display with different levels of data showing. It will switch to video by swiping the screen.  

Am I missing some setting within the menu that allows the center button on the 4-way to select video as well as the other three display modes?  As I said, the Leica manual states that the button will select video but the camera does not agree with the manual...;)

Edited by Mikep996

Hello, please where in the manual?

CENTER BUTTON

– Accessing the status display

– Accessing the video function

– Accessing the submenu
– Applying menu settings

– Confirming a deletion
– Display of picture data during review

I am curious about the Utube video...

Edited by AnikiMu

this was changed in a firmware update right after i got my q2 a couple years ago. afaik the only way to go into video mode is by swiping the lcd in some direction. i wish they'd kept the button as the swipe method isn't reliable and since i've turned off touch id i don't think of touching it in the first place.

/guy

8 minutes ago, gteague said:

.... afaik the only way to go into video mode is by swiping the lcd in some direction...

You can also enter video mode my pressing the "Video" tab in the quick menu (first press of "Menu" button)

• Thanks 1

"You can also enter video mode my pressing the "Video" tab in the quick menu (first press of "Menu" button)"

I didn't care for that at first but after futzing with it for a bit, it's pretty quick though an "on/off" video option to program a button would be nice.  

• Like 1