Leica Q2 Monochrom Banding

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone seen this or had this issue with their Q2M?  Its really weird, this banding appeared on several of my pictures from yesterday (about 10 in a row) and then doesnt appear in pics I took afterwards.  Anyone seen this or have experience with it?  I need to send it off for the CLE anyway and this should be covered by warranty...I am just curious.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I’d say memory card issue,  but the banding isn’t continuous across the image.  Still can’t rule that out.  Try a different, freshly-formatted card and see what happens.  If the banding persists, back up your profiles and factory reset the camera.  Good luck. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The banding looks sharp on the megaphone, but is blurred on her face, and doesn't seem to show up elsewhere in the image. There's nothing on the scarf in the gap between her hand, the mask and her throat, though it appears to left and right. It's as if it was an unusual lighting source nearby. Were the other shots from the 10 in the same location?

Perhaps a high frequency local light source? The bands are too narrow for typical mains frequency lighting effects with the electronic shutter.

Edited by LocalHero1953

33 minutes ago, frame-it said:

its visible on the buildings, road and van as well, could be a sensor issue

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was at ISO 200 / Shutter speed 1/16,000 second / F1.7.  There was a crazy lit up billboard behind me and I noticed in one of the shots that didnt have the banding that the lines on the billboard appear in the bokeh very similar to the banding in the subsequent shots if that makes sense....but what could it have been reflecting off of?  I dont know, its very strange and the camera hasnt done it since but I am definitely keeping an eye on it.