Leica mr-4 repair

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, jerzy said:

would be good to know where it is, which steps have you done and what is the result of each step
So again:
- remove the battery test switch, like on #10
- press fully measure button, like on the photo below

Do you see the silver metal coming from down the black plate when pressing?
Does the black plate goes down? Even if the needle is not released yet - does the black plate goes down? Is the needle released?

Next steps depending on results

Allrigt. I’ve done everything you mentioned. The slider has been mounted properly. When pushed against the silver metal, it pushes it far enough for the black plate to come down. The black plate does come down, but not as much I have to say. I’ll done it multiple times to make sure that the plate has space to go down.

now everything has been restored to how it was. 

So in summary; i’ve attached the spring to the battery tester, managed to place the tiny plate back. I’ve managed to somewhat fix the black plate.

I’m not sure what else I can do. Everything is back as it supposed to, but the the needle doesn’t respond to metering or battery check and I do see the plate coming down a bit and the needle is released.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb zuzu85:

black plate does come down, but not as much I have to say

this is approx the distance that the plate has to go down, in reality a little less

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

But if it goes down than this is good, most probably the needle is bent. Bend it a bit as shown below, so much that is it locked when the plate is up and released when the plate goes down.

If this does not help and there is significant gap between plate and silver metal when the button is engaged than you have to dismount the plate (instructions are in the link metioned by one of LF member in earlier posting). There is no real spring pushing plate down, it is just that these two ends (unders the screws) need to be bent down

If all this does not help pls post a photo like the firt one in this posting (showing from the side) with measre button engaged

Edited by jerzy

23 hours ago, jerzy said:

this is approx the distance that the plate has to go down, in reality a little less

But if it goes down than this is good, most probably the needle is bent. Bend it a bit as shown below, so much that is it locked when the plate is up and released when the plate goes down.

If this does not help and there is significant gap between plate and silver metal when the button is engaged than you have to dismount the plate (instructions are in the link metioned by one of LF member in earlier posting). There is no real spring pushing plate down, it is just that these two ends (unders the screws) need to be bent down

If all this does not help pls post a photo like the firt one in this posting (showing from the side) with measre button engaged

Ok the plate is going down and the needle is moving. Now for the other problem; the metering push button that doesn’t spring back. I’m 100% sure that The slider is mounted correctly. I took a picture of the inside of the cover plate. Does everything look okay?

Because when the metering button is pushed in, the black plate comes down, which meanse the slider pushes against the spring. However the button stays in its place, making me think that either the spring doesn’t have enough force to push the slider back, but that’s not possible. So it means that button itself is the problem. I must also mention that when the cover was removed and I fiddle with black button, it’s not loose but has a bit of friction right in the middle between the two positions. Does it make sense what I say?

Edited by zuzu85