New M10R shutter count

Franka373

It was repaired or needed fixing at the factory before ever going to a dealer.  Could be the dealer used it as a demo so that would not be considered new either.  Considering it is end of model and M11 is out there is no need for a M10R demo.  I am guessing the latter.    

19 hours ago, Franka373 said:

I realized I used an older memory card from a previous leica.  The dealer assures me it is new. It has a January 2022 manufacture date.  I reset the count after updating the firmware.  Thanks. 

Image count is not the same as shutter count, if live view is used (two actuations required). Users can’t determine shutter count in the M10 and later models, as they could with M8/9 generation bodies.

Jeff

As mentioned above you can't check the shutter count but you can the number of images created. 

If you use an SD card that already has images on it then the camera starts counting from the last image on the card, which is what I think the op said had happened here

25 minutes ago, Adam Bonn said:

As mentioned above you can't check the shutter count but you can the number of images created. 

If you use an SD card that already has images on it then the camera starts counting from the last image on the card, which is what I think the op said had happened here

Besides that it is not so strange that a camera leaves the factory after thorough testing and end-controls, one of these tests will certainly be continuous mode too. With batteries that stay at the factory, I’d think. The batteries of my new M10R had optimal power only after the first three charges from empty, which is normal. This might also be an indication of whether you have a package that was untouched since it left the factory. 

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, otto.f said:

Besides that it is not so strange that a camera leaves the factory after thorough testing and end-controls, one of these tests will certainly be continuous mode too. With batteries that stay at the factory, I’d think. The batteries of my new M10R had optimal power only after the first three charges from empty, which is normal. This might also be an indication of whether you have a package that was untouched since it left the factory. 

I've never bought a new leica, but I think that for sure some test shots from the factory would happen.. Op said nigh on 3000 though and that can't be right (factory would probably reset the camera for date time filename after testing) 

Op used a card that had images on it already and the camera started counting from there. S/he said as much in post #4

• Like 1