35 Cron ASPH + M240 magenta edge

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 minutes ago, Casey Jefferson said:

I assumed you did saw the color shift on one of the image in my initial post? Playing around red and magenta doesn't show much responses, too, yet we can see color shift there...

Just play with your other pics the same way as i did above and i guess you will see pretty well the same things. Now we don't have the same copy of the lens of course. Perhaps yours has not been optimized for digital i don't know. Is it 6-bit coded? 

8 hours ago, lct said:

Just play with your other pics the same way as i did above and i guess you will see pretty well the same things. Now we don't have the same copy of the lens of course. Perhaps yours has not been optimized for digital i don't know. Is it 6-bit coded? 

Both 6 bit coded, not it matters anymore now, just curious what's really going on with the color shift. 😳 Seems like I won't get a definite answer and being an old model body there won't be anymore attentions.

15 minutes ago, Casey Jefferson said:

Both 6 bit coded, not it matters anymore now, just curious what's really going on with the color shift. 😳 Seems like I won't get a definite answer and being an old model body there won't be anymore attentions.

I seem to recall that Sean Reid did a test of the Summicron 35/2 asph v1 on the M240. Was in 2015 or 2016 if memory serves. The color shifts he found there were not red/magenta but the opposite (cyan) and were tamed by the 6-bit coding of the lens. BTW i have never noticed any hint of the dreaded "Italian flag" syndrome on this lens i've been using for 10+ years. FWIW.

• Thanks 1