M12 will be more... boring?

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thinking of the stapler sound M11 makes and the imperfect eshutter, we are forgetting that the next generation of eshutters, the perfect ones, will obviate mechanical ones altogether.

Imagine that what that camera will feel like.  You can already get a preview with Pixii.  It's a solid body with a great shutter release, that makes a prerecorded click sound.  It feels weird.

Enjoy your mechanical shutter while you can.  Only film cameras will still have those in a few years.

Edited by setuporg
  • Like 4

Been using silent mode since 2015 with various mirrorless cameras so i don't expect significant changes but funnily enough the only camera i use almost only in mecha shutter mode is the M11. It is so quiet and well damped that i don't feel the need to switch to silent mode. YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, setuporg said:

Thinking of the stapler sound M11 makes and the imperfect eshutter, we are forgetting that the next generation of eshutters, the perfect ones, will obviate mechanical ones altogether.

Imagine that what that camera will feel like.  You can already get a preview with Pixii.  It's a solid body with a great shutter release, that makes a prerecorded click sound.  It feels weird.

Can't wait for it! And hopefully they'll get rid of the rangefinder too.

• Haha 1

Since M11 is less boring than M10-R, I assume that M12 will be less boring than M11.😁
Replacing the mechanical shutter with a fast electronic shutter would allow adding IBIS, which will likely be, for many, the main reason to upgrade from M11 to M12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, setuporg said:

Enjoy your mechanical shutter while you can.  Only film cameras will still have those in a few years.

Imagine you get prerecorded shutter sound from every Leica M camera model ever made...

Even better, from every Leica camera system...
Then you can enjoy sound of silence from the electronic shutter if you want.
Or sound of music from the Leica M cameras.
Or sound of sniper shoot of the SL...
Than you can chose whatever you want...

Imagine the symphony when you do some exposure bracketing or sequence shooting and 
for every shoot different camera shutter sound... This will be very confusing for other photographers
and Leica M12 will stay interesting camera, unique... :D 

Nikola

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, LEGEND said:

Imagine you get prerecorded shutter sound from every Leica M camera model ever made...

Even better, from every Leica camera system...
Then you can enjoy sound of silence from the electronic shutter if you want.
Or sound of music from the Leica M cameras.
Or sound of sniper shoot of the SL...
Than you can chose whatever you want...

Imagine the symphony when you do some exposure bracketing or sequence shooting and 
for every shoot different camera shutter sound... This will be very confusing for other photographers
and Leica M12 will stay interesting camera, unique... :D 

Nikola

We need to have also the haptics, not jut the sound of other cameras :).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SrMi said:

We need to have also the haptics, not jut the sound of other cameras :).

Something like Taptic Time in Apple Watch perhaps...

Or when you press the shutter button you get small electric shock in the finger
for haptic feeling. You can adjust yourself the voltage and how long or short 
this haptic feeling will be. Imagine you set this to max. that way you don't need 
continuous shooting more. Just set to manual and here we go...

Only problem with this is that the battery will deplete much faster than usual.
The more you shoot the less capacity is left so you need to find yourself a balance.
It is good for calming your mind. Like some kind of meditation or mindfulness..
Just shoot, cunt every shoot and breathe... It is good for stress and anxiety...

I will send this ideas of me to the Leica R&D department.
Let see if they implement some of them in the next Leica M12... ;) :D 

Nikola

Edited by LEGEND

2 hours ago, M11 for me said:

focus peaking is b...sh..

Total and utter bollocks. It is focus aid like any other and quite useful within its limitations as long as the photographer takes the trouble to learn to use it. Obviously it is completely irrelevant for an optical focus system. 

• Thanks 2