Leica M-A Titan GAS pictures.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, logan2z said:

Stating the obvious here, but that doesn't look right.  Have you spoken to your dealer or someone at Leica about it?

Yep, he (store owner) was a bit surprised as well and and quickly texted a few pics back to Germany. No word yet. Maybe they'll send me a Titan 35APO as compensation for my terrible experience 😎

3 hours ago, calijax said:

I've shot several rolls through mine and wow, how lovely (and light) this body is. I was rather surprised how on my 2nd or 3rd day of shooting I noticed the (maybe ceramic) coating on top of the titanium has already begun to peel/flake. It seems very thin and delicate, however, the slightly brighter titanium hue beneath looks nice. It doesn't bother me, but I doubt this was the surfaces intended wear schedule...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Whoa.  If that was a regular M-A I would be very unhappy.  But on a $20K Ti kit?  I would be "perturbed".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2022 at 5:52 PM, calijax said:

I've shot several rolls through mine and wow, how lovely (and light) this body is. I was rather surprised how on my 2nd or 3rd day of shooting I noticed the (maybe ceramic) coating on top of the titanium has already begun to peel/flake. It seems very thin and delicate, however, the slightly brighter titanium hue beneath looks nice. It doesn't bother me, but I doubt this was the surfaces intended wear schedule...

I also have the MA Titan kit and have put about 5 rolls of film through it and the finish is as new.  I also suspect there may be a problem with yours.  Be interesting to hear what your dealer has to say about it after they have spoken to Leica.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/20/2022 at 12:52 PM, calijax said:

I have noticed the same on mine and submitted the information to Leica customer service to try and get the issue looked into. This should not occur 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, hunterspoint said:

I have noticed the same on mine and submitted the information to Leica customer service to try and get the issue looked into. This should not occur 

I would be so upset if that happened on new $1000 camera/lens outfit .  Let alone a $20,000 one.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hunterspoint said:

Still waiting for an answer from Leica regarding the peeling issue 

You spent $20,000 on a camera, and after one month still have not heard back from Leica?

That is absolute sh-t service.  Sorry for my language.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, Huss said:

I would be so upset if that happened on new $1000 camera/lens outfit .  Let alone a $20,000 one.

No kidding! 

There is no possible scenario in which this kind of defective finish is anywhere near acceptable on a $20,000 camera/lens kit.

I hope Leica has a few "extra" titanium M-A kits locked away to use as replacements for the defective ones.

This is seriously disappointing and sad - and I'm not even one of the unfortunate people whose M-A is shedding its skin.  I can't imagine how upset they are.

Complete silence from Leica so far regarding the issue- still no response

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, BigBabyEarl said:

It can be both and that shouldn’t be something to frown upon. How often can you buy a camera, any camera that you can use until your heart is content and then sell it for at the very least what you paid (in used condition)? To the people who ONLY see it as an investment opportunity shame on you and shame on the dealers who sold it to you. It’s a lightweight, durable, and highly functional kit that also happens to be beautiful. I hope the lion’s share of people who bought it use it. Of course there’s alway opportunists and you can’t hate on that, but be clear to not see it as a work tool is subjective. 
And by work I mean it in whatever way you want it to mean. Taking photos that I enjoy could be seen as good work once it’s framed in my house and people actually like it. 

If your guess is right and most Tit users use it instead of protect it…. That shows me how many people have more discretionary income than I. :)