Leica M-A Titan GAS pictures.

This is Saturn's mammoth moon Titan.
In Titan's atmosphere, nitrogen and methane react to produce unique, one of a kind Special Edition Leica M's like the latest titanium M-A. That's why the human desire for titanium Leicas is also called a "GAS" syndrome. In case of titanium Leicas it was mistakenly attributed to an abbreviation for "a condition that some people have which causes them to want to purchase new camera gear, even when their current camera setup is perfectly good".

(Pic: NASA)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/13/2022 at 6:28 AM, BigBabyEarl said:

Anyone have pictures yet? I saw an unboxing video and it looks incredible. Supposedly very light. Solid titanium 50 Apo is mind blowing. 

I watched that video - paying attention to when he weighs the camera and the lens.  The camera is 50g lighter, but the lens is 30g heavier than the regular items!

I actually love the way regular Ms feel, so would not really want to lose that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Huss said:

I watched that video - paying attention to when he weighs the camera and the lens.  The camera is 50g lighter, but the lens is 30g heavier than the regular items!

I actually love the way regular Ms feel, so would not really want to lose that.

May be lighter than the apo cron black chrome which boasts the same shape

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, BigBabyEarl said:

Anyone have pictures yet? I saw an unboxing video and it looks incredible. Supposedly very light. Solid titanium 50 Apo is mind blowing. 

I will post some pictures of this gem tomorrow. I was one of the lucky 250 and I agree I totally lucked out.  

Edited by M10Alpine
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2022 at 2:40 AM, Al Brown said:

This is Saturn's mammoth moon Titan.
In Titan's atmosphere, nitrogen and methane react to produce unique, one of a kind Special Edition Leica M's like the latest titanium M-A. That's why the human desire for titanium Leicas is also called a "GAS" syndrome. In case of titanium Leicas it was mistakenly attributed to an abbreviation for "a condition that some people have which causes them to want to purchase new camera gear, even when their current camera setup is perfectly good"...

The M in the M-A Titan's name must stand for methane.  I am afraid to ask what the A stands for.

Edited by Herr Barnack

Two pics of the new family gem. I put on a yellow filter on the APO. 

Edited by M10Alpine
  • Like 18

Looks equally good with the Titanium 35mm Summilux - the APO with its hood is to die for. Firs pic her in the Leica store. Just a little bit excited...

Edited by M10Alpine
  • Like 18

8 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

Simply stunning - congratulations!

Not my doing but I agree. This is a keeper. A Unique set and I haven't had an APO for a few years, and I'm not sure its made for film, but let see. Others might have tried this. I preferrer old 1960 Summilux lenses for film but the look is incredible and its not too bad with the 35mm Summilux Titanium. I'm obviously very happy and I doubt I will flip this gem. I always wanted the M7 Titanium set but the MA is special and I regret selling my old black chrome MA so full circle now. 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb M10Alpine:

Two pics of the new family gem. I put on a yellow filter on the APO. 

What a beautiful combination! Congrats and please use this gem, load it with film and shoot!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cant really see that I don't use this one. I'm not a trader, just a hobbyist and geek. By accident I managed to buy a M10-D as well today, when picking the MA up. I had one of the first M10D's that hit stores and sold it and I always regretted it, So I can ONLY imagine how much I would regret selling this or not use it. I also think its totally ok to use the MA Titanium and not bash it up too badly. I assume it's going to look like a black chrome after some use, mild patina.

Steve uses his MP titanium and from what I recall it looks absolutely mint. 

I was thinking about this set driving home and I thought about why the chose the 50mm APO combo and not the 35mm APO as a combo. Anyone who has any idea as to why the opted for the 50mm APO?  

• Like 2

It’s a mild debate, but the 50 APO has already been set up in a special edition housing and on film it’s absolutely wonderful. The 35 APO would have been equally as wonderful. They just can’t barely supply the regular 35 apo’s let alone create an alternative material/design in titanium. I had a MP with a 50 Apo and loved the combo for film. I think this set is perfect. 

• Like 2

I’ve never really been into any of the Leica collectible models or sets (especially the digital ones), but this gorgeous, fully mechanical M-A is the one that changed my mind.

Edited by mikeyknob
  • Like 6