Calibration for new lens, ship to NJ or Wetzlar?

Auroralabs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a lens I'd like to have Leica calibrate (it is front focusing) under warranty. I prefer to ship to Wetzlar despite being in USA because of hearing better outcomes with them vs shipping to NJ USA service center. I emailed Customer.Care@leica-camera.com and asked for a shipping label, but Leica USA replied to ship to them in NJ (no offer to pay for shipping).

My questions:

1) What are people's experiences with getting lenses serviced in NJ these days? I know they had a poor reputation in the past.

2) Should I expect a shipping label to NJ while being under warranty?

3) Can I insist on shipping to Wetzlar instead, and how do I get them to send me a shipping label? I see a Leica Care pickup option under their service website, just don't know how to get them to do it.

Thanks!

Edited by Auroralabs

Just ship it to NJ, calibration is something they do quick. I had my back in hand in 10 days.

they can do some repairs in NJ and they are expanding. but if they can do it they will ship to Germany and that can take some time.

Even if you want it in Germany keep in ming that from the USA you will need to pay shipping and eventually taxes. If they do it, there is nothing like that.

I had sent in my 35 FLE for calibration 3 time, later I realize they where correct that is was working fine. I sent the M10-P in and it was indeed the sensor that needed calibration.
They where very responsive and did a great job fixing everything .

I would give them a chance .

Lens is still under warranty-ship it to NJ. I have been very happy with NJ over the years. I had a collectible V4 Summicron with issues and they swapped out the front element with another V4 summicron I had-splendid work. Also, many of my CLA's have been done in NJ.