Leica S1 Manual

Gulby

Gulby,   I suggest you email Leica Customer Service at Wetzlar and see if they can send you a digital copy of the S1 manual from their archives.  You might get lucky.  r/ Mark

I just want to add that this camera will only work with a computer (running Mac OS 9 or Windows XP with Silverfast afaik) connected via fibre optics. 

There should be a calibration floppy disc specific to this camera. And the power supply needed is not a usual one.

Yes sir. While I am aware of these facts, I appreciate you pointing them out. A friend and I were reading up on some patents filed by Leica in the period, and it looks like the optical connection just carries serial data encoded as light pulses. Our plan is to attempt to decode the data bus manually, and write our own software to automate the process. If we are not successful,  then yes, searching for these parts would be the only option.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Good news! It took awhile, but the helpful people at Leica scanned all the manuals for all the variants of the Leica S1 (and also a brochure) and sent me a link. I don’t believe that I am allowed to post copies of the manuals here, but since they are digitized now, I assume that it would be a much faster process for someone to obtain them from Leica. The email address that I contacted is: spareparts@leica-camera.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1