M11 & factory calibration with 35mm Summilux FLE

Auroralabs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems I have a similar topic with my new M11 and my 35mm Lux FLE. Haven't experienced anything related with my M10 which I have replaced by the M11 recently. In my case I have a front focus when focusing on infinity! Will hand in both to the customer care team for calibration / checking! Quite annoying... 

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, dsm21 said:

I'd assume the rangefinder mechanism is slightly off rather than the lens.

It's an easy fix, and it's good knowledge to have, especially if you plan on sticking with a rangefinder.

Always, always carry a 2mm Allen wrenches/hex key and know how to use it.

When I travel with my M's on a 737 (in the cockpit) I often have to give them an easy adjustment after a couple legs. I suspect the vibrations of the airplane seem to be at just the wrong frequency. My landings are not to be held responsible. 🙂

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, Jewl said:

It seems I have a similar topic with my new M11 and my 35mm Lux FLE. Haven't experienced anything related with my M10 which I have replaced by the M11 recently. In my case I have a front focus when focusing on infinity! Will hand in both to the customer care team for calibration / checking! Quite annoying... 

Same issue with my m11 and two 35 FLEs, both lenses are front focusing on close distance and infinity, while  they work perfectly on my m9. Maybe that's because the sensor of m11 is a little thinner than its previous models.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Absolutely not. It is because your system must be recalibrated. Send the whole system, camera and lenses, to a trusted repair shop to check and adjust. The whole system, as everything must be correctly adjusted to a common standard. 

It is most likely in this case that m11 is at fault, but it is not impossible that the problem was with the M10 and both lenses happened to work correctly.