Weird Q2 event

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterday I tried to review a few images I'd taken the day before and got the dreaded message 'no valid picture to play.' I turned the camera off and on (but didn't remove the battery) but still couldn't review them.

I took out the card, put it in my MAC which could see and download them without a problem.

I returned the card to the Q2 and could review them on the camera.

I should mention I have FW 4.0.

Anyone else see this?

If it happens again, the first thing I'm going to do is take out the card and replace it.

I think sometimes this kind of thing happens if the card does not seat correctly, or if there is something on the contacts that interferes with reading it. But whenever I have had this error, it is typically after inserting an SD card, not after it has already been in the camera and working correctly.

Once I got the photos off the card, I would clean the gold contacts with some rubbing alcohol and format the card in camera. Hopefully you will not see the problem again. If you do, I think replacing the card is a good idea. It could be a good idea anyway if you are photographing an important event.