S5 Question.

V23

Advertisement (gone after registration)

S5 Question. I am contemplating replacing my Fujifilm X-T3 (manufactured in China) with Panasonic Lumix S5. Would you please you who own this camera let me know where is it made (search on internet is not much help). Many thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, jaapv said:

What difference does it make. Lots of high-end gear is designed in California ;) , Germany, the UK, Japan, etc and made in China to a high standard. 

Is it the similar case for russian goods? For example European countries struggling with fires all-around waiting for the production of Canadair planes.... and at the same time not willing (allowed) to buy much needed  Beriev or Iljushin planes for example? Just asking.  I mean... I totally understand a person who maybe lost its job due to globalisation. To this person, where it is something made it is a matter of ethics. just my 2c

On 6/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, V23 said:

No need to reply to this topic, I have found that the Panasonic cameras are manufactured in China.

And now?? It is the quality control, not the nationality.

I remember our company got an offer for the production of keyboards (could be China). At least 10 times cheaper than our home mades. After complaints of our customers we had to install a quality control department in the country.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jaapv said:

I think that you are confusing political sanctions with the global production of goods.

I agree with you regarding quality. In fact (based on many visits) I even think Chinese companies are surpassing our (western) factories. They possess new tools, workers are more and more trained, and what is the most important parameter ~ they still possess the will to grow and learn. 

I still think, maybe wrongly, that question the user v23 posted was not related to quality but other things.