10-R differences

kivis

21 minutes ago, kivis said:

I see Leica is selling used cameras. They have listed Black Anondized and Black Chrome versions. Are they different?

Black chrome is standard finish. Did a black 'paint' at one stage, and there could well be a third black finish - someone will know.

As it is a discontinued model, be careful with price. I have seen some 'Used' prices higher than some dealers discounted new price. Also some dealers still asking full rrp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kivis said:

I see Leica is selling used cameras. They have listed Black Anondized and Black Chrome versions. Are they different?

Same thing, just different dealers using different verbiage to describe.

Looks like Leica USA have overhauled and really ramped up their used gear website (which they've had for a few years now). Keep in mind that the dealers don't always list everything that is available used in their store (at least Leica Bellevue doesn't). Not sure what the deciding factor for listing is. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Black chrome is standard black on brass.  Silver is chrome on brass.   Anodized is adding protective color to ALUMINUM.  Never heard of Leica using this material except perhaps on some M6 models and it bubbled off, total failure. 

Speak to the dealer because this makes no sense.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, tobey bilek said:

Black chrome is standard black on brass.  Silver is chrome on brass.   Anodized is adding protective color to ALUMINUM.  Never heard of Leica using this material except perhaps on some M6 models and it bubbled off, total failure. 

Speak to the dealer because this makes no sense.

Didn’t the black chrome M6 cameras have a zinc top plate, some of which had the bubbling problem?  Or was it that only some of the M6 had the zinc top?

I had my Black chrome M6 for 25 years, with narry the hint of a bubble, BTW.

Also, don’t  all of Leica’s black chrome lenses use aluminum for the outer (i.e., blackened) casings? Silver chrome goes on brass — hence the difference in weight between the black- and silver- chromed versions.

Edited by bcorton
  • Like 1