Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60 and Apo-Extender 2x ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/28/2022 at 4:03 AM, davidmknoble said:

Have this setup, 

https://www.leicastoresf.com/new/negative-supply-complete-basic-kit

but have not had time to test it. Will use Leica M10M with 90mm Macro for black and white negatives, and SL2-S with APO 100 and Elpro for color slides / negs.  Looks high quality and has good back light source with 35mm and 120mm negative holders (time to try a medium format film?)

Thanks, when you have time to test I’m interested in if the Negative Supply Basic Light source is a good choice, the 99 CRI variant is recommended for slides. It is difficult to understand pro/con with different sources without testing. 

On 8/6/2022 at 2:58 AM, ramarren said:

Sorry, Mattias ... I missed the question and didn't get back here until now.

No worries, I did not quote your response.

Thanks for explaining the Tri-tone, now I understand.

For slide copying a similiar target (mounted film target) would be useful to set exposure, and gamma in the conversion process. 

I have a old IT8 slide from Silverfast but do not know how to color calibrate with that (to get a color profile). A slide target with the color-checker pattern would be easiest for me to use, I use MATLAB for the processing, it has support for color-checker.

I will trial an error until I understand this.

:) Glad to help out. Yes: I made a film negative of the tri-tone target for calibration of the copy setup with B&W film. 

Color has always been a bit less important to me and I haven't spent much time with calibration tools or IT8 targets. I've made exposures of an Xrite Color Checker, used the grayscale section to set basic exposure, and then matched by eye with the original Color Checker in a suitably illuminated viewing box .. but mostly I just wing it by eye. 

G