New to the brand…

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After being a photographer since 1976, I finally bought my first Leica… a Q2 Monochrom. Not that I haven’t considered them in the past, they were just never within my budget or seemed practical for what I doing at the time. Someone recently put a Q2 in my hands to play with and I really loved it. When I found out there was a monochrome version I was hooked. I ordered one the next day. That was last week!  After watching a million videos in preparation for its delivery I’m  beginning to think this camera may be the gateway drug….  I may need an intervention. 

looking forward to learning and contributing.

Stephen 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StephenPG said:

After being a photographer since 1976, I finally bought my first Leica… a Q2 Monochrom. Not that I haven’t considered them in the past, they were just never within my budget or seemed practical for what I doing at the time. Someone recently put a Q2 in my hands to play with and I really loved it. When I found out there was a monochrome version I was hooked. I ordered one the next day. That was last week!  After watching a million videos in preparation for its delivery I’m  beginning to think this camera may be the gateway drug….  I may need an intervention. 

looking forward to learning and contributing.

Stephen 

Welcome and be sure to share you images 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@StephenPG Welcome to the Leicaverse! 

The Q2 and Q2 Monochrom are truly outstanding cameras; I have a copy of the color Q2 which I bought as a backup to my M-P 240.  As time marches on, I find myself shooting less with my 240 and more with my Q2.

If you look at some back issues of LFI magazine, the quasi official Leica user's periodical (available here https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/en/magazine/lfi-magazine/ ) you will find that the Q cameras are used frequently in the creation of portfolios presented in the magazine.  IMO that says a lot about the Q platform, as well as saying a lot about the ability of the photographers who use the Q cameras to great effect.

I would hazard a guess that the Q2M may not be your last Leica camera.  These wondrous little machines have a way of getting into a person's blood.  Enjoy the Leica journey and please do post some of your images.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1