How to Check Shutter Count on M9

wilfredo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can anyone tell me how to check for the shutter count on my M Monochrom (M9).  I found these instructions online:

1. Right-click and open the file in Preview.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Show Inspector.
  4. In the window that appears navigate to the “I” tab.
  5. Click on the appropriate tab, it should say “Leica”.
  6. The shutter count should be displayed in the window.

On the third step, there is no "show inspector" using Adobe Bridge.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I'm selling my M Monochrom (M9) and potential buyers want to know the shutter count.

Thanks,

Wilfredo+

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

5 hours ago, wilfredo said:

Can anyone tell me how to check for the shutter count on my M Monochrom (M9

In the maintenance menu on the camera, go to “Body Debug Data” and scroll down to NumExposures.

To open the maintenance menu:

Power on then press buttons in this sequence: Delete -> up (2x) -> down (4x) -> left (3x) -> right (3x) -> Info

• Like 1

I fail to understand why Leica needs to keep shutter count a secret. 

It seems to me that it would help at trade in time to get a more accurate value of the camera being traded in.  An M9 with 9000 clicks would garner a higher trade in valuation than an M9 with 175,000 clicks.  The buyer of a used M would also benefit from knowing that information before the transaction.  It seems like it would be a win-win.

Everyone with any common sense knows that a new in box camera straight from Wetzlar is going to have some clicks on the shutter for function testing.  Only a very silly person would complain about that. 

Edited by Herr Barnack

It’s easy to determine shutter count with the M9.  Any good dealer will find and list it with other used camera sales information.  A private seller will do the same, and any careful buyer will request it.  Leica doesn’t make it immediately apparent, but it’s commonly utilized.

Jeff

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:07 AM, wilfredo said:

Can anyone tell me how to check for the shutter count on my M Monochrom (M9).  I found these instructions online:

1. Right-click and open the file in Preview.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Show Inspector.
  4. In the window that appears navigate to the “I” tab.
  5. Click on the appropriate tab, it should say “Leica”.
  6. The shutter count should be displayed in the window.

On the third step, there is no "show inspector" using Adobe Bridge.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I'm selling my M Monochrom (M9) and potential buyers want to know the shutter count.

Thanks,

Wilfredo+

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Switch from default search engine to Google.  It should lead you the page  #5 or so here. 

It is called as button dance. 

Every year thread like your comes. And it is getting same clueless replies. While here is the buttons dance to show exact number of exposures taken with M9 series camera, on camera.

Every time I want to check shutter count on my M-E 220 I just google it. Bing is trash, not the search engine.