SL2 firmware installation issues-no firmware found on sd card

BritDoc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello. I have really tried a number of times. On Mac as well as PC. The lfu file copied to the card. On inserting it in the main slot, upon reaching the update firmware step, the message comes as ‘firmware not found’. In the past I have done it like a breeze on my M10. Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. PS I found a similar thread for Q2. But my problem didn’t resolve despite following those steps. I used a card reader for pc and direct slot on Mac. 

1 hour ago, Logon said:

be sure the firmware has this name

A commenter on Leica Rumors blog recommends that you remove the "_0" from the end of the firmware name:

https://leicarumors.com/2022/05/25/new-firmware-updates-released-leica-m11-v1-4-0-0-leica-sl2-v4-1-leica-sl2-s-v3-1.aspx/#more-80463

So the filename on your SD card should end up being "SL2__41_.lfu".

Which is similar to the "601__38_.lfu" filename for the Sept 2021 firmware update to the SL Typ601.

Edited by AZN
  • Thanks 1

H

On 5/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, wellfleet said:

I downloaded the SL2 4.1 firmware update from the US Leica site yesterday, didn't change the file name and it worked perfectly, as in no problems at all.

Here's the link to the US site for the SL2. So far, it has worked for everyone I know who's tried it. 

https://leica-camera.com/en-US/photography/cameras/sl/sl2-black/firmware

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone.. was just trying to install the update that Leica just announced in my email a few minutes ago, but similar problem. 

Bizarrely, the file seems to be the wrong filename, and I had to rename it from SL2__50_ (2).lfu to SL2__50_.lfu.

I find it extremely strange that Leica is putting firmware update files into their global download website that need to be renamed to be compatible with their own files, but there we go.. 

Hope this helps someone!

KP 

• Like 1

Just now, andybarton said:

The (2) suffix will have been added by your computer operating system when a second copy of the file was downloaded.

Was also my first idea. But the problem is on Leica’s side – the file on their website already has the „(2)“ annex.

Will tell them…

Andreas

1 minute ago, andybarton said:

Thanks Andreas

I deleted my post, when I found that the file did indeed have the (2) when downloaded from Leica. My apologies.

ha was gonna say..! All good. In my experience the suffix usually starts with an underscore and starts with . I.e. _1.

Have fun with the new perspective shift, people!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LUF Admin said:

Was also my first idea. But the problem is on Leica’s side – the file on their website already has the „(2)“ annex.

Will tell them…

Andreas

very frustrating, then I looked here 😀

• 1 month later...