Lost Image Stabilisation and Focus Peaking with MF Lenses in 4.0/4.1 Firmware Upgrades on SL2

ashlee52

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am on the verge of a major photo trip to the 4 Corners Region. I just updated the Firmware on my SL2 to the 4.0 and then 4.1 versions. After a struggle even getting the 4.1 version to even take (I had to load it via Fotos) I find that I have lost the ability to activate Image Stabilisation when I connect the R-toL-mount adapter (actual Leica accessory), and the focus peaking function no longer activates with MF lenses. Does anyone else have this experience? Does anyone know a way to reload the new firmware? My backup camera (SL model 601) is working better than my new one. Scary before a big trip. I guess the Nikon gets to come along now as a safety.

I just checked and with the M-to-L adapter I can still select Image Stabilisation but I still have no Focus Peaking..

1 hour ago, ashlee52 said:

I am on the verge of a major photo trip to the 4 Corners Region. I just updated the Firmware on my SL2 to the 4.0 and then 4.1 versions. After a struggle even getting the 4.1 version to even take (I had to load it via Fotos) I find that I have lost the ability to activate Image Stabilisation when I connect the R-toL-mount adapter (actual Leica accessory), and the focus peaking function no longer activates with MF lenses. Does anyone else have this experience? Does anyone know a way to reload the new firmware? My backup camera (SL model 601) is working better than my new one. Scary before a big trip. I guess the Nikon gets to come along now as a safety.

I just checked and with the M-to-L adapter I can still select Image Stabilisation but I still have no Focus Peaking..

Focus peaking should still work.  Toggle through the choices with FN key unless you reassigned it from the "Toggle Info Levels" default. Make sure your Camera Settings->Focus Assistants are configured the way you want them

Edited by JeffWright

I did get the Focus Peaking to work, though not automatically as on the M series. I still have the Stabilisation "greyed out" on the camera menus when I mount either a Leica or generic L-Mount to R adapter. But not when I mount the M ount adapter. A big appeal of the SL2 has been that it adds image stabilisation to older lenses including the R lenses.

1 hour ago, beewee said:

IBIS works fine on SL2-S (v3.1 FW) with my 180/3.4 Apo-Telyt R. Make sure you select the exact lens you’re using and not just ‘R-Adapter M’.

the OP said >> "when I connect the R-toL-mount adapter (actual Leica accessory)"

• 2 months later...