Blowing in the wind.

carl_valiquet

Blowing in the wind.V2. 

Up close.

Ferry from Lombok to Sumbawa

M240 28mm Summicron.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 hours ago, stuny said:

I agree with Charles-Louis.I like the 1st one better.

Thank you Stuart for your feedback. I had my doubts. Which image was stronger? Merci.

Carl.

42 minutes ago, benqui said:

Wonderful Carl! Number one is really very special. It tells a story, there is so much for for an interpretation.

Thank you benqui for your feedback. I will make a print of the first one.

Regards. Carl

Posted (edited)

I'm in agreement about the first one being the strongest. It's a remarkable image.

If it was mine, I would likely have cropped out the window on the right and used the window the woman is standing by to frame her. But that's just me. I can see why you'd want to leave it in considering that it's the space that shows the sea.

Edited by fotografr

On 5/22/2022 at 8:31 PM, fotografr said:

I'm in agreement about the first one being the strongest. It's a remarkable image.

If it was mine, I would likely have cropped out the window on the right and used the window the woman is standing by to frame her. But that's just me. I can see why you'd want to leave it in considering that it's the space that shows the sea.

Hi Brent. Thank you for giving your point of view. I am still thinking of this and not sure quite what to answer. I'll get back to you on that...Regards. Carl

Carl,

Personally, I would not crop the window on the right because it adds balance to the composition and context.  As others have said, it's a superb picture.

I would add that Brent's suggestion to crop the right window produces a second excellent picture in its own right but with a different emotion attached to it.  When I block the window with my hand it suggests that the woman is contemplating or struggling with something mentally, which of course causes the viewer to wonder "What?" and builds a narrative.

Pete.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sandro said:

I like the first one very much, no changes needed. Great moment you captured.

Lex

Just to clarify, I never said change was needed. I love the photo as it is. What I said is that if it was my photo, which it isn't, I would probably crop the front window. 

Edited by fotografr