Officially announced: discontinued!

15 hours ago, elambo said:

I think that's the right way to look at it. It's how I look at it.

But but but … the sky is falling, Mr Little … my TL2 hasn’t had a firmware update, and there isn’t an TL3 or CL2 coming … no one else is buying these APS-C cameras …. they’re being discounted everywhere … there’s lots of stock … oh, what am I going to do?

Umm, take pictures?

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, elambo said:

Blasphemous! Cameras are to be shelved and looked at, not looked through.

Oh - very well. In this case it can't really matter if there will be more of the same anywhere in the future.

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, IkarusJohn said:

But but but … the sky is falling, Mr Little … my TL2 hasn’t had a firmware update, and there isn’t an TL3 or CL2 coming … no one else is buying these APS-C cameras …. they’re being discounted everywhere … there’s lots of stock … oh, what am I going to do?

Umm, take pictures?

I don't think Fuji is discontinuing cameras except old models,with similar sensors to the CL, new ones look promising.

And I will soon be able to get the same Sigma lenses for mine as you het in L mount....

Gerry

Well nice to know. I guess my warranty for my CL is up in around 2024-25. This definitely stops my interest in purchasing a 35 f1.4 L mount. All in all it doesn't bother me much, as I have only a passing interest in digital. $11,000.00 for an M11? Nuts. I'll stick with my film M's and R's.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is nothing about the lenses... As they fit all L mount cameras I suspect that they will continue to be serviced - and a warrantee is normally for two years anyway, so it won't be affected. 

I’m on the lookout and will eventually buy a second CL, old new stock or well kept used. Too nice a camera to not continue using, especially considering all the native glass I already own and will never sell.

Possibly even a nice second-hand SL2 to use both these TL and my M glass. Nice/endless mix and match options.

8 minutes ago, Gregm61 said:

I’m on the lookout and will eventually buy a second CL, old new stock or well kept used. Too nice a camera to not continue using, especially considering all the native glass I already own and will never sell.

Possibly even a nice second-hand SL2 to use both these TL and my M glass. Nice/endless mix and match options.

Certainly a second CL body would be a wise purchase.

• Like 1

I already own too many discontinued cameras so what's one more old banger in the bag ...

Hahaha I took the CL out yesterday, still works as it did when it was new. Honestly, I hope they don't make a CL2 because the CL was designed to be exactly what it is & personally, I love it for what it is and will have mine until it or I fail.

I will always have an M9M. To me, Leica is all about the M & it's simplicity, which is why the original M8 and later M9's are by far my favourite digital for pleasure. My workhorse is a Nikon 7500 and thus far has served me very well for the little work I do these days.

I always say "do the things that make you happy" if you are not happy with anything in life, change it ..... But keep smiling.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Am 17.5.2022 um 15:42 schrieb jaapv:

If this is true... The OP is unconfirmed. 
Indeed and a radical departure from Leica's standard 10 years + !  That will not do the reputation of the company any good. It was part of the premium we paid for Leica. 😡😡. They should fire the person(s) who thought this up and start behaving like the brand they used to be. No new Leicas for me.😡

I can accept the reasoning behind the discontinuation, but cutting down on support is beyond the pale. I cannot imagine anybody buying one of the remaining CLs/TL2s with this in the background. Who is going to buy a camera at this price that may turn into a brick within six years? One may hope that this will not become the new "Leica standard" for all models.
The competition will be popping bottles of champagne.🍾🍾

Get my M6 repaired 20? Years after the purchase.......

You know I just bought my new CL after finding out it was discouninued, I figure I’m 57 now and let’s say I get unlucky and it fails just after the repair ceases then I get say 7 years from it. Let’s assume I live (and am well enough to use a camera) for another 30 years if I’m lucky then this will see me through a third of the rest of my photographic life. That’s good enough for  me! 

Mark

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark Brickley said:

You know I just bought my new CL after finding out it was discouninued, I figure I’m 57 now and let’s say I get unlucky and it fails just after the repair ceases then I get say 7 years from it. Let’s assume I live (and am well enough to use a camera) for another 30 years if I’m lucky then this will see me through a third of the rest of my photographic life. That’s good enough for  me! 

Mark

That is a commendable attitude,  Mark.