Leica M9-P - current prices?

tap360

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

I am thinking to sell my beautiful chrome M9-P to help fund an M10-P or possibly an M11.

I was hoping to get some advice on what is a reasonable price to expect in private sale, it seems prices might be softer than they were a few months ago.

- Latest, non-corroding version of sensor fitted by Leica in 2019, with paperwork

- Boxed and complete with manuals, charger, straps, etc

- 3 batteries

Any thoughts appreciated.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You will get a moderator here telling you that valuations are not allowed, but check mpb - you will get a quick automated offer you can use to benchmark the market. In my experience, if you make a fair assessment of the condition of your item then they pay up what they offer, I have just sold them my CL and lenses and they paid what they offered based on my assessed condition. I think they downgraded their offer some years ago after inspecting a lens I sent - I didn't object. I have also used their automated offer a couple of times to set a sale price on ebay. (I have no connection with mpb, other than as an occasional buyer and seller.) Clifton Cameras also provides a remote offer-to-buy service, but I've never actually sold to them.

Edited by LocalHero1953

On 5/17/2022 at 7:58 AM, tap360 said:

Any thoughts appreciated.

If you list it with the shutter count then this can help. You may get more selling it through someone like Fordes on commission as they will assess and guarantee the camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is worth what someone is willing to pay, recent sales of M9p have been between £1500 - £2200

I could be interested in a trade off deal with some other camera gear, if you fancy a chat give me a PM. Cheers

9 hours ago, Marac said:

It is worth what someone is willing to pay, recent sales of M9p have been between £1500 - £2200

I could be interested in a trade off deal with some other camera gear, if you fancy a chat give me a PM. Cheers

Thanks. Make a quick decision for once and sorry it’s sold.

• Like 1

Of course, £2170. To be honest I felt £2300 was more in line with the market, but there were several for sale at the same time and so, some pressure on price.  It allowed me to move quick on purchase...and got very lucky, finding a secondhand M11, so was the right call I think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tap360 said:

Of course, £2170. To be honest I felt £2300 was more in line with the market, but there were several for sale at the same time and so, some pressure on price.  It allowed me to move quick on purchase...and got very lucky, finding a secondhand M11, so was the right call I think.

Congratulations! Secondhand m11 was a good find and FWIW I paid £2500 for my 9p back in 2017 (before the sensor supply ran out) so I think you did ok on the price with the apparent risk people associate with the m9 these days