My M8 camera will not work with SD cards larger than 2GB

ljskot

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a new(to me)  M8 camera and it will not work with SD cards larger than 2GB.  According to the manual, it should accept SD cards of up to 32GB.  I have tried SD cards of 4, 8, 16, 32GB and the camera states they are "full" even if they are empty.  I saw the thread here about this general problem of SD card being shown as "full" but in that case no cards worked versus it being capacity related.  Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, ljskot said:

No, this M8 has only firmware 1.107.  I would like to be able to upgrade the firmware, but Leica no longer has this upgrade on their website.  Is there any other way to upgrade the firmware?

Have a nice read here :

Good luck.

I use 8gb SDHC cards I got on Amazon, just recently. I always format in the camera and have had no problems, firmware 2.0005. The camera will only list up to 1000 images the 8gb card gives me 732, since the camera won't show the images I have used over 8gb, decided to stop there. I would contact a Leica service center if the link listed in the May 2019 thread doesn't work.

3 hours ago, ljskot said:

As some have advised, it looks like the problem is due to not having a later version of the firmware.  I was able to get the latest firmware from Leica and will try the upgrade and report on whether this solves this issue.

Hope it goes well, I'm using 32GB SDHC in mine which are formatted in the camera.