What plane is this?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, frame-it said:

looks like an F35

You're correct.  F35 is single engine, F22 is twin engine and those are the only two stealth fighter jets that the U.S. has.

That we know of.  The rest are "if we tell you, we have to kill you" status. 

With regard to military secrets, there's something to be said for being fat, dumb and happy.  People tend to live longer that way.

Edited by Herr Barnack

2 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

You're correct.  F35 is single engine, F22 is twin engine and those are the only two stealth fighter jets that the U.S. has.

With regard to military secrets, there's something to be said for being fat, dumb and happy.  People tend to live longer that way.

i guessed because i regularly see this guys pics :

https://www.instagram.com/pavlikspictures/

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, I had already set up this shot to  sell on line but wanted to  be sure before I take their money . I was 99% sure I was right but I knew  there would be an ex air force  man among us that probably flew or worked on one.😁  

Edited by Henry Taylor

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, stuny said:

Lovely.  Being near Nellis and having that big Sigma lens is working well for you.

Thanks Stu, I'm really glad I got it. Can't wait until  the Planes of Fame will  be having their air show in Chino CA, this time its scheduled in October instead of the first week of May . 

Edited by Henry Taylor
add on comment

17 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

By the way looking closer you will  see the marking on underneath  the  right tail   the number 35-05 which is the tip off that's it is in fact an F-35

Posted (edited)

Here is a better shot that actually shows the numbers on the underside  below the tail section # A35- 009 . Shooting with the sigma 100-400mm  and traveling over 400++  I was able to  follow through and clearly  give us a sharp  image .

For a guy that's 87,  I can still hold a SL 601 with a large telephoto 

(  training as a shot gun instructor when in the Corps payed off.😁

Edited by Henry Taylor

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Henry Taylor said:

Here is a better shot that actually shows the numbers on the underside  below the tail section # A35- 009 . Shooting with the sigma 100-400mm  and traveling over 400++  I was able to  follow through and clearly  give us a sharp  image .

For a guy that's 87,  I can still hold a SL 601 with a large telephoto 

(  training as a shot gun instructor when in the Corps payed off.😁

...and you don't get nearly as much recoil with an SL601.... 😉👍

...now, if it had been a Pentax 6x7 you really would need your shotgun training..... 😲📸💨

Edited by robert_parker

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, robert_parker said:

...and you don't get nearly as much recoil with an SL601.... 😉👍

...now, if it had been a Pentax 6x7 you really would need your shotgun training..... 😲📸💨

Ha Ha, that's for sure and thanks for the nice comment

Edited by Henry Taylor

On 5/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, Herr Barnack said:

I just checked out the number on this plane and its from Williamtown Air Force Base Australia.  CO No 3 Squadron WGCDR.  The was the first F-35 to  be based at WLM..

It's probably  here at Nellis for special training .