the risk can pay!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently won a lot in an auction of the furniture of a castle in the countryside, in this box there were about twenty cameras, lenses and various photo accessories. What interested me was a Leica that you could see on the photograph of the lot and that seemed to be a sharskin-quer, the auction house I called did not want to remove the case to send me more pictures! it was a bet, I put a small bid and surprise, I won this lot. I went to look for this big box and when I arrived at home I rushed to check the Leica and bingo! it was indeed a III C sharskin-quer, magnificent, in perfect condition, the chrome impeccable, the summitar lens without traces! (how many sharskin-quer exist? some say 1 in 15 sharkin)

I then checked the rest; Nikon F, Zeiss Ikon, Agfa... Finally there was a container marked "Curta" I thought it was a lens! but after having succeeded in opening it I discovered an unknown object with a crank... after much research I finally understood that it was a mechanical calculating machine it was numbered and this serial number proved that it was one of the very old ones. I found some forums and contacted some collectors...who immediately offered to buy it, in fact this machine is estimated the price of an M3 with a good lens!
In less than a week this machine was sold at a good price. All this history to say that even today the risk can pay!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13