Luigi's case - craftsmanship par excellence.

dougdarter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leaving aside the sound of the 5D, I have to say my 5D with L plate attached looks alot louder, and that's enough for me. I still like it for landscapes but the M8 looks so much more unobtrusive, especially with a swatch of electrical tape over "M8" and "Leica".

I too have the Luigi case in black, I bought the one with the removeable window and just take it off completely whenever the camera stays out of the camera bag for any length of time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re. craftmanship par excellence.

You will not be disappointed. Just received my black, hanging back case. Fits beautifully and feels good, no more smudges on the screen. Best way is to deposit payment into Luigi's BOA account in MIami. He gets confirmation in about two business days and you should receive the case about two days later. Enjoy

Re. craftmanship par excellence.

You will not be disappointed. Just received my black, hanging back case. Fits beautifully and feels good, no more smudges on the screen. Best way is to deposit payment into Luigi's BOA account in MIami. He gets confirmation in about two business days and you should receive the case about two days later. Enjoy

I paid Paypal, and got it next working day, Italy to England!!

In the time since this thread began, Luigi got me a case for my M8. It arrived in the States this morning. I ordered it two nights ago. And it's gorgeous. A little while ago, I emailed this photo to Luigi, to show him my stylish M8 had been put to good use today:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK this thread should be moved out of the M8 forum. It has nothing to do with the M8. The case in the topic is made for ALL M series cameras, except maybe the M5.

It should be in the customer forum NOT the M8 forum.

If the Mods are going to start moving posts/threads around let be a little consistent.

Then there should not be a single thread in here about lenses as they are made for all M series cameras.

No lenses are used on the camera and the camera is no good without one. This thread started out as a advertisement for product.

A case is a case. I have never in my life used a fitted case on any camera I have owned. Never saw the need for one. They always get in the way.

Well I don't use one either but it seems lots of people do and this particular one fits only the M8 not all of the M line. There has been lots of promotion here for different bags, software and accessories. I don't see the harm. If I am not interested I just don't read.

OK this thread should be moved out of the M8 forum. It has nothing to do with the M8. The case in the topic is made for ALL M series cameras, except maybe the M5.

It should be in the customer forum NOT the M8 forum.

If the Mods are going to start moving posts/threads around let be a little consistent.

SO who died and made you god?:eek:

I'm a relatively new M8 owner and vistor to this site and I for one appreciate posts regarding accessories for the camera.

John

I use few accessories with my M6 and M8. The one little luxury I allowed myself was a brown and a black Luigi "Leicatime" Crescenzi strap, to quickly tell them apart. I opted for the 12mm with no adjustment, shoulder pad or little flaps, ie. the most minimal I could get. The lack of a shoulder pad allows me to slip the camera to my eye while leaving the strap over my shoulder. Here is a photo of my M6 with the strap:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The only other accessory I use regularly is the viewfinder loupe. It is very good quality, and worth the money, but I do wish it was thinner. It also makes it hard to see the 28mm framelines, and I use a 28 Cron regularly. I have thought of buying a Megaperls 1.15x loupe instead, but have not done so yet. Oh, the Leica Lens Cloth is great, "healing" a couple of "marred" lenses. It really is much better than other lens cloths. I also use a lens pen to brush away dust from my lenses, but I don't use the other end.

No lenses are used on the camera and the camera is no good without one. This thread started out as a advertisement for product.

A case is a case. I have never in my life used a fitted case on any camera I have owned. Never saw the need for one. They always get in the way.

Chill out!!

I started this thread, and it certainly wasn't intended as an advert for Luigi.

It was intend as an appreciation of a superb product made ESPECIALLY for the M8. He doesn't need the exposure.

What's wrong with that?? It was of obvious interest to most viewers, and more than a few wanted further information.

I'm quite happy if the thread is moved, if a more appropriate forum can be found, but it still won't alter the facts, and opinions expressed here.

Like others, I rarely look at the other forums and would not want to have to start doing so. If you don't like a topic, don't read it, but I really appreciate reading of others' experiences of what they are using with their M8s, even if they can be used with other cameras. Let's not get rediculous here.