Leica M10D - 1TB SD card

sebben

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone tried using a 1TB SD card with the M10 series? 

The manual states up to 2TB is supported but when I put the card into the camera it doesn't take pictures when I press the shutter. It works with my 512GB card. I have tried formatting with the SD Card formatter. 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Any ideas?

12 hours ago, frame-it said:

its possible the system cant address that much space, try it once in another brand of camera [if you have one] and check after formatting it in that camera

It says in the manual that it can take 2TB SD Cards.

This is my card. I use it with the adapter obviously. The 512GB version works.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

23 minutes ago, sebben said:

It says in the manual that it can take 2TB SD Cards.

This is my card. I use it with the adapter obviously. The 512GB version works.

interesting..unless its the adapter

I don't use  SD cards larger than 64 GB in my M10. I find 1TB overkill even in an M11. Apart from that, they slow down the system when the appropriate level is reached. I can store over 2000 DNG shots of my M10 on a 64 GB card, which is more than enough in my opinion. 1 TB cards are recommended for very high-resolution video recordings.

Regards George

Edited by kgs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thats great for you, but I like to have my whole photo library on my card. This isn't a discussion about the merits of why someone would use a 1TB card or not.

Rather does it even work? The manual states that up to 2TB is supported.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sebben:

...but I like to have my whole photo library on my card...

...and in your camera? Good luck!

Edited by kgs

1 hour ago, kgs said:

...and in your camera? Good luck!

Yes. Works well for me with an automatic time machine back up. Anyway. Back to the question at hand. Does anyone have a 1TB Sd card working in an M10?

Hi Sebben, I suspect you have too many things going on - very large storage, wrong format card for the camera and an adapter.  Just because this set up works with a 512GB card doesn’t mean the same will work with 1TB.  Remember the fuss with the M9 over which cards would work and which wouldn’t?

I’m sure a fast 1 or 2 TB card from Sandisk, Panasonic or Lexar will be fine.  

Formatting cards was also an issue with the M9 - my recollection is that Leica resolved that issue in firmware, but I continue to format cards with SD Formatter.  I think your problem is a large capacity card in the wrong format …

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb IkarusJohn:

Formatting cards was also an issue with the M9 - my recollection is that Leica resolved that issue in firmware, but I continue to format cards with SD Formatter.  I think your problem is a large capacity card in the wrong format …

and with a (nonsense) adapter. OMG.

Can’t really be wrong formatting though, as it’s just exfat. 

There is nothing wrong with using adapters. It’s an industry standard. Like stated multiple times I haven’t had any issues with the 512GB version.  

I will be returning the 1TB card but I would like to know if any one else has used a 1TB card successfully before buying another one. So far no one can even confirm that…

Edited by sebben