Bluetooth will not turn on in SL2 with SL2 software version 4.0

Manicouagan1

6 hours ago, Streetphoto said:

Delete ( remove  SL2 camera link from Fotos ) and install SL2 again on Fotos App.. Bluetooth will turn on. The connecting  actually works better after new firmware load today.) Apple Pad and or Phone. Same process for the Q2 

Thanks very much for this. I had the same issue and this fix worked for me.

Am 6.5.2022 um 06:28 schrieb Manicouagan1:

I can't figure out to delete the link in either the camera or my iPhone.  How do I do it?

Three easy steps:

You start Fotos App on your Smartphone (screenshots from my iPhone)

1. Pull down the white sheet Leica Galerie

2. Select the three little dots on the right side of your camera's name

3. Select "Kamera entfernen" (probalby "Delete camera" in the English version)

That's it. After that you can reconnect your camera to the App.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I read the posts above, and still cannot get the Bluetooth to move from OFF to ON. There are no cameras in FOTOS, I follow the steps and nothing happens.

I wrote a note to my dealer, so maybe they have an answer .

I have my M-L adapter mounted, I wonder that is an issue (I have no L lenses, only M lenses)

Tanks for any advice. 

Interesting, and annoying, finding: I very recently acquired a really excellent pair of Oticon hearing aids. These are Bluetooth enabled. 

I installed the latest firmware (4.1) on my SL2.

I tried all that one can try to get Bluetooth to turn ON in the camera. Not, nothing worked.

This morning, I went down my studio minus haring aids but withy iPhone and lo and behold the Bluetooth showed up as ON in the camera; then Fotos and the camera communicated. I then fetched my hearing aids, turned them on, and the Fotos-SL2 link remained.

Just now, I returned to my studio with my hearing aids on. Guess what: the Bluetooth still shows ON in the camera, but Fotos cannot communicate with it.

Assuming that my findings are indeed the reason for the issue, I can work around it but it is annoying.

Jean-Michel

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue that i couldn't connect the Leica SL2 camera to the Leica Fotos App (on the phone).

I am on Firware 4.1. 

In the menu the Bluethooth was off and couldn't be selected to switch on. 

I found out that my VPN was the problem to connect the camera to the phone. Once i disabled the VPN on the phone, i could add the camera and both where connected.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I had the same issue but thanks to user (above) WeiterWinkel it solve the issue. I didn't know that Leica had a Update, i used the app just last week to open my Q2 but since i wasn't using the SL2S i never knew that there was a new update. It would be great if the Leica team sees what people have to do to solve issues. I currently now update via the app since the SD card reader on my mac doesn't work anymore. Via Leica App is so much easier (takes longer but is easy).   This firm update stuff is getting supper annoying and as people get older they might move to brands that makes things easy to use. I do like the fact that the camera firm update now includes the lens update as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue: I cannot toggle the Off setting to On under Bluetooth settings on my SL2-S.  It just tells me to download the Leica FOTOS app onto my device, which I have already done.

The Leica FOTOS app is on my iPad, as I don’t have an iPhone (or any phone just now).  I can’t seem to swipe into Gallery or see three dots to ‘disconnect the camera’. It isn’t connected as far as I can see.

Any ideas?