Lens profile for Voigtlander APO Lanthar 35mm

Khun Hans

8 hours ago, hdmesa said:

Best to use no profile on an M camera, IMO. On SL2/SL2-S where you must select a profile for IBIS to work, you'll just have to try several to see which works best.

Thanks, meanwhile I tested different profiles on the SL2s. APO Summicron 35mm is not working for me but Summicron ASPH 2,8/35 as well as Summilux 1,4/35 because I see some nice color enhancements in the corners. I know that all that can be done in post. Of course I shoot DNG only. 

But my question was what others use on M and also on SL2(s) for the VOIGTLANDER APO Lanthar 35mm

Edited by Khun Hans

If it were me (on an M), I would start with the menu profile for "35mm Summicron f/2.0 ASPH." I'd expect that is probably correct for the SLs as well.

Then check it by photographing a blank white wall to see if there are any subtle red/magenta or cyan/blue "stains" towards the long ends of the picture, or in the corners. Which would indicate a mismatch between that profile and that Voigtlander lens.

Depends a lot on the era of camera as well. Leica has improved its M sensors over the years with regard to preventing such stains.

M9 is most likely to need an accurate profile - the M(240), M10 and M11 sensors are all improved to need a profile less, for many lenses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, adan said:

If it were me (on an M), I would start with the menu profile for "35mm Summicron f/2.0 ASPH." I'd expect that is probably correct for the SLs as well.

Then check it by photographing a blank white wall to see if there are any subtle red/magenta or cyan/blue "stains" towards the long ends of the picture, or in the corners. Which would indicate a mismatch between that profile and that Voigtlander lens.

Depends a lot on the era of camera as well. Leica has improved its M sensors over the years with regard to preventing such stains.

M9 is most likely to need an accurate profile - the M(240), M10 and M11 sensors are all improved to need a profile less, for many lenses.

Thanks a lot Adan, appreciate your reply and always read your skilled Leica knowledge.

In this case we talk about Leica 10-P, 10R or even M11 .

Sure I will do the test on the white wall.