Monochrome: The extra creative dimension

Advertisement (gone after registration)

John Brockliss brings us a well reasoned essay on monochrome photography with the M cameras that are made specifically for this pursuit:  The Leica M Monochrom family. 

The Q2 Monochrom is not mentioned, but it should be looked at closely by those who want to commit to black and white photography by digital means.  The Q2 is a powerful tool, whether you choose the color or Monochrom variant.

I got my M10 Monochrom in July of 2020 out of a desire to do more in black and white photography, and because I saw the M10 Mono as a breed apart, a special camera. 

Spring is the time for color shooting, with flowering trees in full bloom so I have been shooting color of late. 

Even with my desire to do more exploration of the digital black and white realm, I have been reluctant to commit to the Monochrom and black and white imaging exclusively.  As I read, re-read and reflect on this essay, I'm thinking my reluctance to making that commitment may eventually weaken.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4