best sd card for m10 monochrom?

kcnarf1

I' use this one for my Q2M (47MP) w/o any problem. They are reliable, fast enough, and not expensive as the 300MB/s. You can't go wrong.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dennis

23 hours ago, Dennis said:

I' use this one for my Q2M (47MP) w/o any problem. They are reliable, fast enough, and not expensive as the 300MB/s. You can't go wrong.

It works but the camera is only UHS-I and won’t work at that speed. 

the Leica Q2 works with UHS-II, but not the M. the only M that works with UHS-II is the Leica M11. The card works on the M10 but only at UHS-I speeds  

21 hours ago, kcnarf1 said:

Thanks, Dennis. I'll check it out.

Don’t buy UHS-II cards. The camera can’t use those speeds. 

just get normal Sandisk Extreme Pro cards. 64/128/256. Whatever. UHS-I is the fastest card the camera will work with. Anything else is a waste of money.  

save yourself $20 bucks and get the Sandisk. 

Edited by KeyofG

1 hour ago, KeyofG said:

It works but the camera is only UHS-I and won’t work at that speed. 

the Leica Q2 works with UHS-II, but not the M. the only M that works with UHS-II is the Leica M11. The card works on the M10 but only at UHS-I speeds  

Don’t buy UHS-II cards. The camera can’t use those speeds. 

just get normal Sandisk Extreme Pro cards. 64/128/256. Whatever. UHS-I is the fastest card the camera will work with. Anything else is a waste of money.  

save yourself $20 bucks and get the Sandisk. 

I agree with you! It's correct: the M10M doesn't read the UHS-II. But the price is very affordable, it's something between expensive UHS-II and UHS-I, and it's a card that can be used with Q2, M11, SL2, etc. I think it is worth the $20 extra bucks. The UHS-I doesn't have much future. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

But the price is very affordable, it's something between expensive UHS-II and UHS-I, and it's a card that can be used with Q2, M11, SL2, etc. I think it is worth the $20 extra bucks. The UHS-I doesn't have much future. 

If you have all those other cameras then of course you’ll use your UHS-II cards. But the maximum write speed difference between the Sandisk (90MB/s) and the Lexar (120MB/s) is negligible since we shoot leica and not Sony spraying 30 frames per second. Both cards will clear the buffer the same (otherwise the faster ones are $140.00 Lexar vs $30.00 Sandisk).

Also the operating temperature of the Sandisk card is a lot better (Sandisk goes from  -13 to 185°F [-25 to 85°C],  while the Lexar goes from 32 to 158°F [0 to 70°C]), which IMO counts for a lot more since you’re not getting any performance benefits.

If you don’t have any cameras that use UHS-II then there’s no point getting one. And if you DO have the ones that use UHS-II then you’ll be getting the fast expensive ones not the cheaper ones that pretty much work like a UHS-I card.

. . .  while the iMac has an SDXC card slot , only recently Apple supports UHS-II:  Mac Studio  2022, MacBook Pro   2021, iMac &  iMac Pro 2020 .

So if you want to read fast, you need an external card reader.

• 1 month later...

Any issues (I wouldn't think so) on using the above referenced cards on a M-P 240? "SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC  or SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO"

And what about a card reader for a Mac Book Pro (thunderbolt/USB4)? I haven't yet searched the forum on a card reader recommendation but figured I would ask here. Thank you