Leica M6 weird light leak

zceibfo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all, I have a Leica M6 which was CLA’ed, got all the seals replaced, fixed the shutter curtain and the technician can’t figure out what else is wrong. Does anybody know what else I can do to solve this? The light leaks are intermittent, happening when I leave the lens cap off for an extended period or shooting wide open. I have brought this to two separate shops and nobody can figure out what is going on. As you can see from the negatives, the leak extends beyond the exposed frame. This leak is definitely not from the back or light seals of the camera as I got that all sorted out.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Not sure if this is still a problem for you.

I had a similar problem and turned out to be that one of the plastic tabs that protects the body of the camera from strap scratches was missing.

They have a couple of small posts that fit in the body of the camera through drilled holes. In my case, light was leaking through those.

I’ll suggest using electrical tape masking different areas of the camera body. You might ruin a few rolls, but that will allow you to eliminate potential problem areas.

Please let me know if this helps,

• 1 month later...