Albert Einstein speaks

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not that i agree, but you'll find a large number of analog photographers that frequent the forums that don't even consider a digital image as a photograph.

We've had that view expressed here from time to time, and I find it bizarre. I'm not talking about digital b&w, but digital full stop.

Hmmm, perhaps this thread should be moved to the bar <grin>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 'issue' as I see it is that Guy's snaps above weren't showing any particular technical feature other than the fact that they were taken with an M8.

Okay, my turn to disagree with you a little -- and with all due respect :)

Here is what Guy originally posted with his first image: " I have to say when i go for the sharpest lens wide open in a long focal length , Not much can stop a 90 APO cron from delivering the goods. Handheld at 1/90 with ISO 640 at F2 or 2.8 "

To my way of reading, that is a pretty clear statement of technical performance issues relevant to an M8, and more specifically a 90 Apo Aspheric lens at wider apertures on an M8 sensored camera at ISO 640... Now in your defense, Guy did not specifically mention "M8 sensor" in his post, but I think it is safe to accept that as implied since he posted it ion this forum to begin with and has stated many times the M8 is now the only camera he regularly uses...

Cheers,

Not that i agree, but you'll find a large number of analog photographers that frequent the forums that don't even consider a digital image as a photograph. Posting a digital image in the non-digital based galleries will often get a more vocal response than this thread. Bizarre, yes, but not uncommon at all.

jim

Exactly what I meant by my "film M shooters would agree" comment --- thanks for spelling it out Jim!

Not that i agree, but you'll find a large number of analog photographers that frequent the forums that don't even consider a digital image as a photograph. Posting a digital image in the non-digital based galleries will often get a more vocal response than this thread. Bizarre, yes, but not uncommon at all.

jim

Since when did we have "non-digital based galleries"...???

Regards,

Bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think Jim was talking about other forums, that's how I read the first sentence.

correct.. mine was a comment on behavior in general.. typical outside of these forums.. although even here you see the attitude come up every so often. One of the reasons i like LUF is you don't usually see it here.

guy .......... i dont need u and your interent files to know how great is 90mm apo summciron...... i dont have it and dont want it , but if one day i decide i want 90 f2 then i dont look at any pics...... just place the order for it...... i know, thechnically, it is the best lens in its category......

people sometimes post pics on foto -forum and memebers ask tech questions wether it is film or digi....... no probelms about that.........

whats this.........

on m8 forum ....... one can find the biggest collection of the most anemic and dull pictures (i dont even call it fotos)....... then it is clear, and even those who post pictures to m8 forum instead of foto-forum understand that there is nothing to see in the pic but only the tech specs........ oh ...... it is 90mm apo sumocron sumilux notciluxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oh great picture............ oh m8 LF C1........ oh the picture is great........ oh how great it is .... oh oh oh oh oh great oh oh oh oh almost like pron film sounds once some people see some dull foto made with 90000000000mmmmmmmmm sumcron apo summilux :))))))

on m8 forum ....... one can find the biggest collection of the most anemic and dull pictures (i dont even call it fotos)....... then it is clear, and even those who post pictures to m8 forum instead of foto-forum understand that there is nothing to see in the pic but only the tech specs........ oh ...... it is 90mm apo sumocron sumilux notciluxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)))

Vic:

Here is a tecnical shot for you from the original Yosemite trip in December of last year when the Leica M8 was just new and the IR problems were rearing their head. I demonstrated that if you mounted a B+W UV-IR filter on a Noctilux, it created much more pleasing images.

These were shot with the Noctilux before the sun came up. F1 and probably 1.30th. The first is without the UV/IR filter, the second with :)

L1040509.jpg

L1040509-3.jpg

I'm actually trying to be nice and not comment on that one Jack. But let's ignore and move on.

Awe come on, you can hardly compare the grip and grin stuff you do to what Victor does. I'm sure you earn more money that Victor, but as a non-corporate viewer I have to say I find his images more interesting.

Guest GuyMancusoPhoto

Even the old firmware was pretty good back than . This was in December right after the M8 came out. Shoot with a 50 lux. oh BTW Robert may want to check your lens there fella, bad IR filter effect. LOL

Actually frame number 597

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest GuyMancusoPhoto
Awe come on, you can hardly compare the grip and grin stuff you do to what Victor does. I'm sure you earn more money that Victor, but as a non-corporate viewer I have to say I find his images more interesting.

Steve i will just leave my comments out but i shot that stuff when i was in school 35 years ago.

Not everything i do is grip and grin either , just what you guys see posted here.

......... Jack/ Guy no there is nothing worthwhile from a technical point showcasing a lens image qualty on the net is plain stupid, the quality in the medium is not there. I don't care where you post them, post them up your rectum if needed but lets stop the childish attitude of if you do this to me I am taking my bat and ball and going home. Then of all things after the threat continue posting.................... as for you Robert your post is the most childlike of all. The watch this I can do it as well attitude is totally unnecessary, the image's relevence is long gone , it had its run ages ago................

....... and guys don't bother writing again, we are going to complain to the moderator and have you banned again