Default Profile

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Quick question before I go nuts...: I have never really bothered with the Default Profile of the Q2. I have set 6 profiles of my own and I am happy with these. However, I am not sure how it works and once I selected it, I see that it has some preselected settings that I cannot remember if they were always there, or if I accidentally turned them into the Default profile. So, the default profile on my Q2 is AFS, Multifield, Single, STD, Multi-Field (metering), AWB, L-JPG/DNG and Auto ISO.  I am referring to the settings that show on the two bottom lines of the "main" screen. Is this everyone's Default Profile (i.e. preset by the factory, same for everyone) or is it something the user can somehow set and name "Default Profile" to their liking? Thanks for this, you are helping an ageing man keep his sanity...:)

Try it and see if it retains settings.  Something obvious like changing multi-field to spot or ISO to a fixed value.  Try to save it and see if it reloads your changed settings.  I have the Q, not Q2 and mine allows me to change settings in default but it doesn't allow me to save those settings to the default profile.  If I load say my B&W profile then go back and select the default profile...all is back as it was when default was first selected...preset by factory.  But keep in mind that I'm trying it on a Q type 116.  Now I must try and regain my sanity with another cup of coffee.

What you could do is note the settings in “Default” -> Save all your profiles to a memory card -> Do a complete reset and then see what the “Default” settings look like. If they are as before then you know they’re standard from the factory. If they’ve changed then you know the “new” settings are from the factory. Since you saved all your profiles to a memory card you can easily restore them to the camera.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 6:08 PM, acg69 said:

Quick question before I go nuts...: I have never really bothered with the Default Profile of the Q2. I have set 6 profiles of my own and I am happy with these. However, I am not sure how it works and once I selected it, I see that it has some preselected settings that I cannot remember if they were always there, or if I accidentally turned them into the Default profile. So, the default profile on my Q2 is AFS, Multifield, Single, STD, Multi-Field (metering), AWB, L-JPG/DNG and Auto ISO.  I am referring to the settings that show on the two bottom lines of the "main" screen. Is this everyone's Default Profile (i.e. preset by the factory, same for everyone) or is it something the user can somehow set and name "Default Profile" to their liking? Thanks for this, you are helping an ageing man keep his sanity...:)

That’s how my default settings look like …. Too. Didn’t know that you can change the default? I thought that was baked in. 

• Like 1