Voigtlander 40mm f2.8 Heliar review

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently purchased this little gem for the love of small&light rangefinder lens formula which Leica seems to have forgotten long ago. Guess what, it’s such a perfect weekend lens for outdoor walks! It’s sharp, compact, and being f2.8 is not too shabby at all. 

I highly recommend this lens for anyone who dig the 28mm f5.6 summaron look but prefer something faster and longer. It’s no small feat for Voigtlander to jam so much lens into such a small package.

Here’s my video review, where I compared it to the 28mm summaron and have quite a few sample shots, enjoy!

Edited by JimmyCheng
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, JimmyCheng said:

I recently purchased this little gem for the love of small&light rangefinder lens formula which Leica seems to have forgotten long ago. Guess what, it’s such a perfect weekend lens for outdoor walks! It’s sharp, compact, and being f2.8 is not too shabby at all. 

I highly recommend this lens for anyone who dig the 28mm f5.6 summaron look but prefer something faster and longer. It’s no small feat for Voigtlander to jam so much lens into such a small package.

Here’s my video review, where I compared it to the 28mm summaron and have quite a few sample shots, enjoy!

Thanks for your review which is one of the first and shows real use examples and is helpful to those who are interested in this little lens. cheers

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, bdjackson said:

Yet you spent more of your precious time posting a snarky comment on here. 

Good point.  I regret posting that.

JimmyCheng, I apologies.   Your review is better than anything I ever posted on YouTube.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures taken with the Heliar on Portra 400 in case you missed it on a separate Heliar thread. 

Tiny lens, great fun to use especially when traveling. And the build quality is amazing, pretty much like carrying a Summaron 28mm, but instead you get a 40mm f2.8! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1