NoctiGirl does the Q2M

11 hours ago, Ba Erv said:

You guys are pretty brutal. She’s out there taking pictures and making YT content within her ability.  While her photos might not be hanging at a gallery in Rome anytime soon if you want to see mediocre take a gander at the M11 photo section here.

Never in the history of the photographic medium have so many $9000 cameras been brought to bear in the creation of so many $9 photographs.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, nicci78 said:

If it were a video from NoctiBoy you won’t dare criticised it. 
Give her a sack and leave her alone. 
Female creative suffer from way more criticism than their male counterparts. 
When you want to go after a woman online. Find two or three men to criticised first. 

It seems some already did.  Not all silly criticism is necessarily based on sex.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herr Barnack said:

When I finally get my M11, I'll need to at least triple that 1000 photos to reach the break even point.  😟

Buying a new digital M body is painful because I always dissect the amount in terms of which M lens or lenses I could get with the same amount of money. 

I’ve been very happy with adapting M lenses to the SL2-S, but I was starting to miss the rangefinder experience when I got the email this week that the silver M11 I put my name down for in January was finally was here. Looking forward to adding some almost-focused cat photos to the M11 thread 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, ejg1890 said:

@Olaf_ZG and @Pelu2010 thanks.  Quick look at his YouTube channel appears he does many of his portraits with the Q2. Normally don’t think of a 28mm as a portrait lens. Will watch some of these videos later today.

with no presumptions of changing the world, I did a photo shoot with a model to test this 28mm (my Q2) for portrait photography.

Of course, it is not its primary use. I have to say, changing a bit the framing vs. "regular" 85mm shots, and with a bit of lens correction, the end result impressed me for how versatile this camera is. Not much distortion or funny face expressions. If interested, you can have a look here:

Portrait photography with Leica Q2

Mine are 1-cent -photos so my Q2 will take a few hundred thousand shots for a full pay back. Fortunately, it was a gift :)

Enjoy!

I know this young lady personally. She does have some considerable talent (though not as photographer). In fact, she is an accomplished classical pianist -- but generally performs only for herself and certain friends. She is also quite devoted to Leica, and can sometimes express the "magic" associated with that gear. When I first met her a few years ago, she was at my local camera store for an event introducing the Pentax medium format DSLR. She was wearing a Rolleiflex 2.8f. I mentioned to her that others were likely jealous because she was dressed out with the best camera in the room.

• Like 4

I know this young lady personally. She does have some considerable talent (though not as photographer). In fact, she is an accomplished classical pianist -- but generally performs only for herself and certain friends. She is also quite devoted to Leica, and can sometimes express the "magic" associated with that gear. When I first met her a few years ago, she was at my local camera store for an event introducing the Pentax medium format DSLR. She was wearing a Rolleiflex 2.8f. I mentioned to her that others were likely jealous because she was dressed out with the best camera in the room.

• Like 2

Actually, I thought she did a great job; I enjoyed her presentation. I have Leica Q, which was gifted to me by my family for my 65th birthday and retirement.  I have used it exclusively on the many trips that we take these days. No question, I am guilty of a $2.00 shot, but I get a great deal of personal pleasure using a nice piece of equipment (I also have a two Nikons and two Lumix M4/3 cameras.). Most of my photography is reportage, buildings, inside old churches and landscapes, rarely anything creative. Through this presentation, she has now motivated me to dig deeper and start using the macro part of the lens on my travels. It was a nice five plus minutes to spend.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:15 PM, lukeadair said:

Anybody can buy an expensive camera, you just need money. I guess some people are envious of that. Personally speaking, I am only envious of photographers who dedicate themselves to the craft, who constantly strive to improve, and who can consistently produce great images regardless of the gear. It’s funny how so often the people who have biggest or most expensive collections of gear can’t seem to take a decent photograph. And isn’t it a wonderful thing that money can’t buy talent.

Edited by trickness
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, trickness said:

Anybody can buy an expensive camera, you just need money. I guess some people are envious of that. Personally speaking, I am only envious of photographers who dedicate themselves to the craft, who constantly strive to improve, and who can consistently produce great images regardless of the gear. It’s funny how so often the people who have biggest or most expensive collections of gear can’t seem to take a decent photograph. And isn’t it a wonderful thing that money can’t buy talent.

Well, I might be guilty of that.  I have other cameras, but when I turned 65 years old, my family had the resources to give me an item that I really wanted. In my mind, it is pride of ownership. I love my Q and it goes where I go, recording my life, day by day. Do I feel guilty, not for one second. I never said I had talent either.

Edited by falcon468
  • Like 2

Talent  and a good pictures is probably a subjective thing.  A photo of an old rusty bike with very little depth of field.  Taken with a noctilux is it talent or what? A man jumping over a puddle - a smuggler unsharp.  Is it talented and a good photo?  For me, a good photo of my little girl with “that smile” is a good photo.  What is a good photo is is for one  not be it for another person.  Lovely with variety and a little fresh breath in the Leica world.  So noctilux Girl nice you contribute. Finally keep do that  📷👍🏻

• Like 3